Is it possible to record ( set Hopper3) when away?

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
We are away for Thanksgiving week. I get emails from my local public tv ( KET) regarding tonight’s and tmrw night’s guide. Normally, I go to the Guide to record when this happens because I am home.

I use Dishanywhere with my iPad. Can I use the app to let my Hopper3 (which is 450 miles away!) to do this?

Or, have I had too much to drink already as the wifey claims?

Shoot..I remember that I took my Internet can when I left. So, I am afraid It is not possible. Can somebody confirm it is doable if the gateway were home?

I have not been able to set a timer for later in the current day. I click record, it says Yes!, but they don't appear in the timers. It will set a timer for the next day or so.
I have never tried doing it on the same day but there is only so much in advance you can do it providing it's in the current guide data which I forgot was either 1 or 2 weeks. Don't remember the exact timeframe the guide shows data for as I usually do it online and the last time was in February 2019.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Another user tried to set a same day timer and it worked fine. So, I tried it myself and set a timer for a program that starts 10 minutes later and then checked on my Hopper3 and it set fine. I set it using the dishanywhere website.

Last edited:
Another user tried to set a same day timer and it worked fine. So, I tried it myself and set a timer for a program that starts 10 minutes later and then checked on my Hopper3 and it set fine. I set it using the dishanywhere website.
and an update, it recorded just fine.

and an update, it recorded just fine.
I'm jealous. Will keep trying.

Another bit of strange behavior is that it keeps asking me to reconnect the receiver. When I am looking at the recordings, if I click on the guide it comes up. iI I then go back to recordings it says the receiver is offline. If I click reconnect , look at recordings, and then go to the guide, and then go back to recordings it is offline again. The Wi-fi is at 25Mbps and I am able to play recorded shows.

I just tried it as well using dishanywhere.com - did a recording of something already live and it recorded set the timer and recorded immediately within 5 seconds and scheduled something 30 minutes later and it also was in the timer immediately and started recording 15 minutes before the timer as I have record 15 minutes earlier set.