Is it possible to remove apps from the Hopper?

Yeah, the kid's MOTHER should handle this either alone, or she and step-dad do it together. I would hope the mother agrees with step-dad.

TiVo can hide the apps from showing, might be something Dish can consider for use in situations like the OP's. The sad thing is that filtering, hiding tech can only do so much because it really is a matter of the children--no matter how old--abiding by their parents decisions. I agree, the piont isn't that he watches the stuff (we know he will anyway, presuming he is a teen ager), it is that the parent(s) don't want that stuff airing in the public portions of the house where other people may be, and the parents, presumably, don't want to see or hear it, either.

Yeah, the kid's MOTHER should handle this either alone, or she and step-dad do it together. I would hope the mother agrees with step-dad.

TiVo can hide the apps from showing, might be something Dish can consider for use in situations like the OP's. The sad thing is that filtering, hiding tech can only do so much because it really is a matter of the children--no matter how old--abiding by their parents decisions. I agree, the piont isn't that he watches the stuff (we know he will anyway, presuming he is a teen ager), it is that the parent(s) don't want that stuff airing in the public portions of the house where other people may be, and the parents, presumably, don't want to see or hear it, either.
I'm curious about what the definition of obnoxious and inappropriate is on YT.
Bad music? Too many Top Ten lists?

IS there adult content on YT? Maybe he just likes the opening to Charlie’s Angels.

I looked at 3 different “nude” yoga- nothing. Nothing from human anatomy, but I did not drill down far.

No biggie. Not worth it. Just curious.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Adult channels?
Are there still adult channels on YT?? I watch YT as much as anyone, pretty much anytime I'm on my computer, it's open on one monitor and I don't see that stuff. YT even censors the F-Word now, although some vids still have it and/or get through

I looked at 3 different “nude” yoga- nothing. Nothing from human anatomy, but I did not drill down far.

Really?? I have to stand corrected, I just searched for it and the 1st video is way graphic!

Reactions: Juan

I agree with HipKat. I was curious so I searched for nude yoga on YouTube, and the first things that came up were really explicit (I was quite surprised). You need to have a YouTube/Google account for the videos to play (so they can verify your age).

Reactions: Juan
Really?? I have to stand corrected, I just searched for it and the 1st video is way graphic!
Huh? What search words did you use? Is it possible my Sony TV is censoring?

Yes, I am logged in. Will try one more time before writing it off. I just thought YT was trying to be family friendly b

Huh? What search words did you use? Is it possible my Sony TV is censoring?

Yes, I am logged in. Will try one more time before writing it off. I just thought YT was trying to be family friendly b
Try " waxing"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cloud Delivered Enterprise Security by OpenDNS would solve this problem. Register and signup, go to your router's settings, enter the dns server addresses for opendns and you're done. Conveniently control all content and websites coming through your router from the opendns dashboard. This is super easy to setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts