Is it possible to subscribe to encrypted stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RussTC3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Hi everyone, still tinkering with my system. I think I have a bad lnb, that might be what's be giving me a few problems. Signal strenth was 10-14 on SBS-6. :shocked ONN no longer comes in. C-Band comes in fine for the most part, but it's weak; 40-60.

Anyways, I found that out, among other things, when I called a satellite tech person tonight (won't say which company) to help me with a few things.

The guy brought up something about me being able to purchase a Croatian smart card and then I'd be able to subscribe to some of the channels I want. Like on PAS9 (Video Italia, Leonardo, etc.). Is there any truth to this, or is this guy just crazy?

Thanks for the help, hope this isn't bordering on hack talk, because I don't intend it to.

no not hack talk

there are some subscription services out there...the most common is Globecast on IA5
There is the one on AMC4 (TAN TV) that is also subscription service

I couldnt find the 2 you posted above for PAS9 but most of the channels there are PowerVu encryption (there are some free ones). PowerVu is only for commercial and cable companies and you need to be authorized.

I believe the encryption for the channels on PAS9 are Iredeto. Is it possible to get authorization for those?

I'd rather spend the money on my big dish then continue to fork over $12.95/month for ONE channel on my Dish Network.

Found them :)

I cant read italian so I really dont know....I thought Iredeto could be subscribed to

Iceberg said:
I thought Iredeto could be subscribed to

It can be, but that dosen't neccesarily mean that an indivdual can. Also, if you can, you might need a "local" address.

mkm4 said:
It can be, but that dosen't neccesarily mean that an indivdual can. Also, if you can, you might need a "local" address.
Well any information you can provide would be helpful.

You'd think they would allow for us to subscribe to some of these channels. It would make sense no?

On second thought, they are "FTA" receivers, so maybe it wouldn't make sense. lol

You almost certainly cannot subscribe to Video Italia from the Telespazio mux. This is probably solely for the Canadian satellite companies and Dish Network.

A shame, too, because that channel has traditionally been FTA wherever it appeared (G10R, T12). RAI was once also. How sad...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts