Is it possible to suspend service on 1 of 2 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Racer47

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
I have 2 receivers and would like to suspend service on one of them for a couple months while I remodel. Is that possible? Will they make me send the receiver back? Or can I just keep it and then re-sub it when I'm ready?

Thanks in advance for any advice

If you do want service on a leased receiver even for just a couple of months they will want it back. You could ask a DIRT member if there is an exception or another alternative. I will just suggest is the cost for that receiver for two months worth the hassle? (Though if there is an easy way I certainly don't blame you for trying to save the bucks...)

Adding to what Tampa said, by the time YOU pay shipping to return receiver, then the possible cost of getting another, it's probably not worth it.

One of the advantages of owning. Deactivate and reactivate as you wish. They're going to want you to return a leased receiver as soon as you deactivate it.

Thanks for the reply's. And that is kinda what I thought would be the answer but it was worth asking. 3 months times $17 is $51. I won't go bankrupt over it but its still wasted money.

I quit owning my receivers after I moved up to the 722's. Dish makes it expensive to own the receivers so I just caved in and leased.

I'm with you - may not bankrupt but if you can easily save it why not.... I would still try a DIRT member just to be sure.

I have 2 receivers and would like to suspend service on one of them for a couple months while I remodel. Is that possible? Will they make me send the receiver back? Or can I just keep it and then re-sub it when I'm ready?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Hi, I would be happy to review your account and advise you of the options. Please Pm me your account or phone number and the four digit security code. Thank you!

In general, you MUST finish your commitment period before you can deactivate LEASED boxes that was part of the original equipment for first time customer using (free) deal. After the commitment, you can deactivate to minimum qualifying services. One is free to deactivate any OWNED boxes whenever one likes. It would be nice if DIRT would elucidate.

I have a 211K that I use in my camper a few days here and there. I pay $7 per month for it, but at $135 including shipping, it would take 19 months for me to break even. Not hardly worth the hassle. I would also like to hear from DIRT on Dish's view on deactivating receivers. Any charges involved or what?

I have a 211K that I use in my camper a few days here and there. I pay $7 per month for it, but at $135 including shipping, it would take 19 months for me to break even. Not hardly worth the hassle. I would also like to hear from DIRT on Dish's view on deactivating receivers. Any charges involved or what?

There is no charge to deactivate a receiver at all.If its leased you will have to ship it back to then for $15.

In general, you MUST finish your commitment period before you can deactivate LEASED boxes that was part of the original equipment for first time customer using (free) deal.

You do not need to finish your commitment before deactivating leased receivers. Once the receiver is deactivated you would be required to return it. You would need to maintain qualifying program package to receive any promotion credits.

There is no charge to return a deactivated receiver on an active account. We only charge when the account has been disconnected and it is a $17.00 fee.
If so, then why do we have to pay shipping to exchange a defective receiver if not on DHPP?

That is an exchange and the DISH warranty on the equipment does not include shipping and handling, so the $15.00 fee covers the shipment of the new receiver and the return on the defective receiver. The Protection Plan does waive this cost. When you deactivate a receiver on an active account, DISH will send a retrieval box at no cost.

That is behind the logic of - If you plan to jump ship, deactivate all but one receiver first (no shipping fees) then when you drop Dish, you only have to pay one $17 return fee, of course unless you kept the one receiver that you own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)