Is it possible...

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Is it possible to order the HD Only package ($29.99) & Family package ($19.99) together?

This would provide extra channels such as Hallmark, TV Land, Boomerang, DIY, Headline News, Nickelodeon, TV land and a few others until they become part of the HD Only package. I want to switch to HD Only, but want to make everyone in the household happy. :)

It used to be possible to add family pack to top 100, if you did it online through the TV from the E* receiver for Some strange reason. You could try it, The worst that would happen, is youd loose your hd only and you would have to call E* to get it back, But there shouldn't be a fee, Your not downgrading

By the time you order Dish Family and Top100 you would pay just as much as Top250 with the same channels and end up with fewer channels.

Dish wouldn't allow Dish HD and Family to be both purchased. They are out to get us anyway they can. So, I kept our Top 200 with HD Essential. Now we pay $10 more for less channels. If there wasn't any stupid $7 HD enabling fee I would have gotten the Top 250 package and skipped HD for now until more "real" HD programming is available.

By the time you order Dish Family and Top100 you would pay just as much as Top250 with the same channels and end up with fewer channels.
Yea I know that, I was trying to downgrade, but for some reason it added Family to my already top 100 pack,and never dropped my Top 100 pack. Thats all I was saying is that it worked, then!

Dish wouldn't allow Dish HD and Family to be both purchased. They are out to get us anyway they can. So, I kept our Top 200 with HD Essential. Now we pay $10 more for less channels. If there wasn't any stupid $7 HD enabling fee I would have gotten the Top 250 package and skipped HD for now until more "real" HD programming is available.
What are they really watching on the other channels not in the HD Only pkg? We dropped down to HD Only to save on the bill and it has actually helped reduce vegetative tv watching around our house. There are some family/child oriented programming on some of the channels in the HD Only pack and everyone seems to be ok with it. I wanted the HD and the 50% reduction in monthly billing. So far, so good.

What are they really watching on the other channels not in the HD Only pkg? We dropped down to HD Only to save on the bill and it has actually helped reduce vegetative tv watching around our house. There are some family/child oriented programming on some of the channels in the HD Only pack and everyone seems to be ok with it. I wanted the HD and the 50% reduction in monthly billing. So far, so good.

This is what I was trying to do. However there are still a few channels I would like to see added like Nickelodeon, Hallmark, Headline News in order to make everyone happy.

Until Noggin & Nick make it to HD Only, its a no go for me due to the little guy, and Spike for the wife (she needs her Ultimate Fighter).

Yes, the whole Nick suite needs to go HD, plus Soapnet, DIY, and Lifetime before we could feasably give up AT250 for an HD only pack. By that time the HD only pack would cost about the same as AT250 anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts