Is it possible?

bluecash99

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
USA
I currently have SD programming on a Dish 311. Dish Network does not offers locals in my area. Comcast does. Can I have both Comcast and Dish Network on my TV at once without having to change wires around each time I want to switch between the two.

If your TV has an S-Video input, run a S-video cable between the receiver and the TV and run the cable coax to the coax input on your TV. If it doesn't, buy a coax switch and just flip it based on whichever you are watching.

I currently have SD programming on a Dish 311. Dish Network does not offers locals in my area. Comcast does. Can I have both Comcast and Dish Network on my TV at once without having to change wires around each time I want to switch between the two.
YES.
I believe you can feed the Comcast into another input on the 311.
I know you could feed Comcast into another input on the TV and switch between inputs on the TV.

With the digital changeover on the 17th (if the CONgress doesn't delay it again) you could by an HD OTA antenna and get the digital channels clear. Saving you money, and sanity from having to deal with two inept companies at once.

Thanks for everybodys help. My local channels broadcast 45 miles away. Do you think an OTA antenna would pick those up? If not, Comcast here I come.:eek:

Can I have both Comcast and Dish Network on my TV at once without having to change wires around each time I want to switch between the two.
Absolutely!

Plug the Comcast cable into your 311 "TV ANTENNA/CABLE IN" input and put the receiver in standby when you want to watch Comcast. You'll need have the TV's tuner connected to the "TV SET OUT" output if you don't already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)