Is it possible

SPower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2019
Fallon, NV
To realign my dtv dish on the house to the dish network satellites (110, 119, 129)? The dtv dish is HD with 3 lnb's.

Thanks.....

Hey, SPower! Just to be clear on what you're asking, are you wanting to get a DIRECTV dish or DISH Network dish aligned?

Hey, SPower! Just to be clear on what you're asking, are you wanting to get a DIRECTV dish or DISH Network dish aligned?

I have dish account, am using a portable dish because I travel all the time but when at home base would like to use a "permanent" dish. There is a dtv permanent dish already installed on the house, can I realign it to use with dish satellites?

I have dish account, am using a portable dish because I travel all the time but when at home base would like to use a "permanent" dish. There is a dtv permanent dish already installed on the house, can I realign it to use with dish satellites?

Nope, sorry it won't work. Dish 1000.2 Western Arc dishes are readily available and would work for you.

What kind of receiver do you have?

New ones come in pieces, worried about putting it all together...

On another note, I was also thinking I could probably use the same "mast" after I pull the dtv dish off of it right?
It comes in 3 pieces. The Feed Arm/Skew Plate Assembly. The Reflector. The LNBF Bracket/Yolk plus a bag of bolts. They only fit one way

To realign my dtv dish on the house to the dish network satellites (110, 119, 129)? The dtv dish is HD with 3 lnb's.

Thanks.....

It’s possible, but the LNB’s would need to be changed. By the time you messed with it, tried to adapt the dish LNB’s it’s cheaper to buy dish network dish.

New ones come in pieces, worried about putting it all together...

On another note, I was also thinking I could probably use the same "mast" after I pull the dtv dish off of it right?

Yes and no on the mast. If it's an old DirecTV Phase 3 dish then the mast might be the same size. If it's a bigger mast then you can get a pole adapter to downsize it.

Mast sizes are different.

Really? About 15 years ago, I could have sworn I reused a DTV mast. Maybe they used different sized masts depending upon which DTV dish it is. The OP hasn't said.

Thanks.....

It would most likely require a Western Arc dish, and would likely cause you to lose access to your locals depending on where you are.

So someone gave me an hd dish but it has 2 cables coming out of it, is it the wrong one and does one cable need power?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts