is it safe to have my directv dish pluged in during a storm ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Ok storm season starts, first storm of the season is gonna happen tonight in our area.

is it safe to have my directv dish pluged in during a storm ?

i thought is that just unplug the directv stb from the power, and unplug the dish antenna also, cause lightning can strike, and can make a fire hazard in the house, right ?

second, with the directv protection plan, will directv replace my directv equipment if it gets damaged during a storm. ?

Andrew,

You dish and all coaxes need to be properly grounded to be fully protected.

And yes, DIRECTv will replace any damaged equipment, but the DIRECTV protection plan would ensure you 100% coverage.

-Robert

Do you also cut off the power to your entire home during a storm??? Chances are very small that something like you are anticipating will actually happen.

I have had my dish through 5 years of thunderstorms in Texas. Not one problem.

Wouldn't worry about it. Watch your satellite during the storm and see how bad it can actually get outside before you lose signal.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Andrew,

You dish and all coaxes need to be properly grounded to be fully protected.

And yes, DIRECTv will replace any damaged equipment, but the DIRECTV protection plan would ensure you 100% coverage.

-Robert

I wish the protection plan was that nice. I've seen times where a person ordered it six months ago(Without a claim), and they still charge them for a service call/etc. I'd swear, the N.E.W. reps can be real jerks. >.<

Angerphile said:
I wish the protection plan was that nice. I've seen times where a person ordered it six months ago(Without a claim), and they still charge them for a service call/etc. I'd swear, the N.E.W. reps can be real jerks. >.<

I'll hear you,

I had a real hassle with them replacing my HD STB, a while back.
such a hassle that took them freakin about 3 years to believe that my HD stb was a piece of junk.

Until Robert Here helped me out,
Again thanks Robert for your great Help :)

If you guys ever need help resolving an shipping issue with directv, with the protection plan, Robert is your buddy to help you out. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)