is it the dish or what?

slanoue

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
I have two DVR's, one old and one new. The older one is a 625 and the newer one is a 722. I had a few other boxes die, so that's why I upgraded recently to the 722, so I can hook up the USB external hard drive in case it happens again. I've had DISH for about 4-5 years now, I think.

Anyway, we live here in the south where it rains and thunders a lot. It usually doesn't knock out the DISH that often, or if it does, just for a couple of minutes. This week, though, it started acting up, and it was not during a storm as far as I know, although it had been raining earlier in the day. My husband noticed none of the ESPN channels were working, then later we noticed more channels going out. Sometimes they would work, then sometimes not. We got the blue screen that says it's trying to get a signal, then it would go to error 02, another blue screen. That was Tuesday. Then it seemed to clear itself up and work fine, so I canceled the appointment we had today, Thursday. Then we had another storm this evening and it knocked it out again. It's very annoying, and now I can't get another appointment until Monday.

Any ideas as to what this could be, or any way to fix it instead of waiting for them? I guess it could be that when they brought me the new dish, it was defective, and somehow the storms make it worse than it was? I don't know enough about the technology of these things...

Thanks,

Suzanne

You would need to give more info for us to give an informed response. Since you are not able to, the tech who shows could be the only one who can.

Note: not wise to give personal info as your full name and site info on your posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)