is it time to ax timewarner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
first i want to keep only high speed internet (if it is really highspeed). but for the cable my package is high speed and cable... 130 a month!!!! they wont offer me anything less in price. i get most of what i want on fta. direct cant get a l.o.s. unless they go as far as the neighbors property (no go!). dish well lets just say up here the techs are sub par unless i am missing a quality installer? the only negative is my kids like disney and nick but thats it!!! i think they can adjust and i would love watching less icarly!!! is it time to ax the man for the cable end? they keep raising prices and threating blackouts. also fox with twc continues in a repeater mode (house kept repeating same scene for ten minutes!!!!) would buying a cband motorolla and subing to the cband programmers suffice for change? given that the only issue is the kids channels and nothing missed for me.

Call them up and tell them you want to cut off service.
They'll argue with you ... and failing, pass you to their Retention Department.
They can either offer you a better deal, or you can disconnect.
Getting a little from you every month is beter than zero. ;)

Don't take any crap from 'em.
If they get you off the phone with OUT the disconnect order, they've got a decent chance you won't have the guts to call back.
So, make up your mind, call up when you have time to kill, and hold their feet to the fire.
Plus, any deal they have for new customers that you don't qualify for... Trust me, you can get that or better!

edit:
Oh, here ya go. Just remembered.
Netflix streams all sorts of kids series.
And it's only 8-12 bucks a month!
You're done! ;)

PS: go find out what high speed DSL would cost, and hold that over Road Runner's head, too!

Between a KU dish and a Cband dish for FTA you'd have plenty to watch. There's plenty of PBS stuff on 63W and 125W KU. Also Qubo is on 103W Cband. When my grandkids stop by they don't care what cartoons they watch so long as I've got cartoons for them. Netflix is another good option too...blind

you could take any advice we can give but only you can make that decision. Having kids at the house can make a difference ;)

Can you get DSL where you live?

Keep TWC for high speed. You can still get ESPN3 and now a 24/7 ESPN HD channel online through TWC. For your kids, look at the W5 Cband programing. Believe both of your kid's channels are there and one way to get a Cband dish at your place :)

That's a lot of money every month! My internet is $35 a month with unlimited downloads and it's fast enough to play TV shows. My telephone is another $25 and of course I pay nothing for TV because I have FTA plus OTA from Toronto and Bufffalo.

I hate giving these companies my money. From what I've heard it's a very tough business to be in.

rogerduncan100

Verizon has been advertising those 4g usb modems heavy, really EXPENSIVE for tv though ($10/gb) not bad for normal surfing... Wild Blue is another option. Vote with your checkbook.

first i want to keep only high speed internet (if it is really highspeed). but for the cable my package is high speed and cable... 130 a month!!!! they wont offer me anything less in price. i get most of what i want on fta. direct cant get a l.o.s. unless they go as far as the neighbors property (no go!). dish well lets just say up here the techs are sub par unless i am missing a quality installer? the only negative is my kids like disney and nick but thats it!!! i think they can adjust and i would love watching less icarly!!! is it time to ax the man for the cable end? they keep raising prices and threating blackouts. also fox with twc continues in a repeater mode (house kept repeating same scene for ten minutes!!!!) would buying a cband motorolla and subing to the cband programmers suffice for change? given that the only issue is the kids channels and nothing missed for me.

Cut the cable and put that $100.00 in a savings account for a year and you can take the kids to Disney and have a nice time.

great input guys, now i'm fired up. Ice, fairpoint took over up here and they bit off more than they could chew from verizon. i have been waiting for them to iron out all their issues and go back to dsl. i've got the netflix and it is lovely!!! Anole i am going to put their feet to the fire tomorrow and of all else fails i will follow chum's advice cuz they have been beggin to go to disney for a while:) plus it would be nice to feel warm weather for a bit

You will find that Crime Warner aka Time Warner, will charge you a higher rate for just internet. In the Buffalo Area it is $49.95 a month for the standard road runner with a $3.00 discount if you own your modem like I do. You may want to keep the most basic of basic cable too, because if you have a hdtv with a digital tuner in it, will get all your locals in hd without a set top box. Here that gives me 8 hd channels plus around 20 analog channels for about $10 more a month. So I would be looking at $56.95 a month. My bill now is about $130 a month for internet, two hd boxes, one which is a dvr, over 100 hd channels and 5 hd hbo channels, plus all their other digital and analog channels. However my bill will go up about $35 a month come september when my 2 year promo is over, if I keep all the programing and equipment I have now. Good luck and I hope you hit them up for a discount, because they constantly advertising promos.

Islandguy...i like that "crime warner" yeah i was thinking of really making them mad and switching to earthlin who lease their line. they are a little cheaper...41 bucks after 6 mo promo. only thing is time warner sends their techs for the switch at the pole box and they drag their feet. so i would loose highspeed for about a week. the only bad thing up here is tw only has 3 0r 4 hd and i dont have an hd set. it might be less now cuz they are showing commercials to fight against cbs and loosing coverage. silly to me because their price keeps going up and they cant pay they cbs bill that i get charged for anyway. when i called before for the promo it was 99 a year but the overseas rep refused to transfer then hung up on me:( but that is a whole other rant. what happened to the days when tv was funded by less commercials oh and better programming and the cable companies werent double dipping?

We just left time warner. Also starting this month they raised their prices by $6 that was the final straw. We signed up for Dish network we also should be getting their $125 AME gift card in a few weeks as well. The only thing I lost by switching from Dish was a few channels. But I got HDNET back which TM dropped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts