Is it Time to move to another Provider?

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I have been looking at specials from Directv and Comcast and realize I could save quite alot if I went with Directv.The reason I like Directv is that I am eligible for the New Genie(which is suppossed to be like the hopper).I have given Dishnetwork a Chance to upgrade me to a hopper but the best deal I have gotten is 200 upfront..
Now if I change over I wanted to know will Dishnetwork charge me for a misssing door on my 722 DVR,it kept falling off since I first had it and somehow got lost.Other than that DVR is in Good shape.What is procedure of sending back receiver?
Also Dishnetwork fight with Disney and lack of 3D and lost of AMC,and refusal to Carry Discovery Health and Fitness)and the fact that even after specials are up with Directv the channels I want are in lower price package.
I like Dish but as far as trying to keep me as Customer they have done nothing lately..
I am not trashing Dishnetwork,it has been good but hasnt done anything lately to improve channels (more)or offer better deals to existing Customers.The next 2 years with Directv I can save 40 a month.Thats good enough reason to switch..

Not sure if they will charge for that either, but I would think that they would not, and as fatman said, consider it normal wear and tear.

I for one swapped (in the other direction) for the new customer savings as well. I was pleased with Directv and am pleased with Dish (and I will say that the hopper system is the best DVR system i have had, HRs included).

Either way you go, good luck.

Das boot!
Dtv true mvr is rocking strong. Better pq then 722 but hopper is almost as good at dtv hardware for pq. Things dtv has vs hopper is no anoying 30sec sound blip, esp on all hd movie channels no ptat but its a good thing as we only have 2 programs from local one thats major and other on cw that cant be ptat. Client size is smaller but no wifi option.

Be sure the Dtv savings are the same in month 13. I had received the offer...lock in your savings for 2 years, but the discount offered up front for month 1-12 was more than 13-24.

I have been looking at specials from Directv and Comcast and realize I could save quite alot if I went with Directv.The reason I like Directv is that I am eligible for the New Genie(which is suppossed to be like the hopper).I have given Dishnetwork a Chance to upgrade me to a hopper but the best deal I have gotten is 200 upfront..
Now if I change over I wanted to know will Dishnetwork charge me for a misssing door on my 722 DVR,it kept falling off since I first had it and somehow got lost.Other than that DVR is in Good shape.What is procedure of sending back receiver?
Also Dishnetwork fight with Disney and lack of 3D and lost of AMC,and refusal to Carry Discovery Health and Fitness)and the fact that even after specials are up with Directv the channels I want are in lower price package.
I like Dish but as far as trying to keep me as Customer they have done nothing lately..
I am not trashing Dishnetwork,it has been good but hasnt done anything lately to improve channels (more)or offer better deals to existing Customers.The next 2 years with Directv I can save 40 a month.Thats good enough reason to switch..

AMC is due to be back on Dish this afternoon. You may want to hold off.

rocket69 said:
Das boot!
Dtv true mvr is rocking strong. Better pq then 722 but hopper is almost as good at dtv hardware for pq. Things dtv has vs hopper is no anoying 30sec sound blip, esp on all hd movie channels no ptat but its a good thing as we only have 2 programs from local one thats major and other on cw that cant be ptat. Client size is smaller but no wifi option.

30sec sound blip?

I am happy to see AMC back on Dish ,however I hardly watch that channel since they have commercials.Didnt AMC used to not have commercial interuptions?Anyway if Dish is in the contract Mode,they need to get the Disneys back in HD.if this were to happen I would stay>>

I am happy to see AMC back on Dish ,however I hardly watch that channel since they have commercials.Didnt AMC used to not have commercial interuptions?Anyway if Dish is in the contract Mode,they need to get the Disneys back in HD.if this were to happen I would stay>>

I honestly say, switch, even if they get Disney back some other channel you want will be dropped for a time you will back wondering about switching.

While I do watch most of AMC's original programming, I haven't however watched any actual movies on AMC in years. If they at least would show their movies uncut/unedited I could deal with the commercials.