Is it worth upgrading to the new Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I was looking at upgrading to the hopper and was quoted by 3 different reps for $50 and free installation. None of them said there was a price difference between the sling loaded and the non-slingloaded until I just read this. So is the $150 diference really worth it or getting the regular sling unit a better choice? I thought I had read that the stan alone sling was $49? If so why would anyone spend more to get the same feature? Also are all the apps the same on both units or only one? Thanks

I was looking at upgrading to the hopper and was quoted by 3 different reps for $50 and free installation. None of them said there was a price difference between the sling loaded and the non-slingloaded until I just read this. So is the $150 diference really worth it or getting the regular sling unit a better choice? I thought I had read that the stan alone sling was $49? If so why would anyone spend more to get the same feature? Also are all the apps the same on both units or only one? Thanks

I want the Sling Loaded because of the faster processor more than just because it has Sling loaded.

I would ask the rep when you are upgrading. Ask it in a leading type question, like "$50 and free installation is for the hopper with sling correct?" and let them take it from there. When they plug it in, if it comes back that it's more than $50 they will either change it so it's $50 because they told you it was $50 or they will come back to the line and tell you i'm sorry, but the hopper with sling is $$$ instead.

I understand the faster processor concept, but what do you need it for on a reciever used for TV?

Well that's OK if you want to be sneeky and possibly get someone fired because they made a stupid mistake. I really don't like playing those mind games. I know we call to third world countries and they might not be the brightest of the bright but I think they try to do their best and I for one wouldn't feel very good about getting someone in trouble just because I played a trick on them. Beleieve or not in all the years I have been with Dish I have never had a problem with Dish's CSRs and they have always been pleasant with me. Now Dell CSRs are another story. BUt thanks anyway

Moving this discussion to a separate thread.
Please keep the Hopper Upgrades thread for its original purpose: contacting the DIRT team for upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts