Is it worth upgrading to the new Hopper?

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I was looking at upgrading to the hopper and was quoted by 3 different reps for $50 and free installation. None of them said there was a price difference between the sling loaded and the non-slingloaded until I just read this. So is the $150 diference really worth it or getting the regular sling unit a better choice? I thought I had read that the stan alone sling was $49? If so why would anyone spend more to get the same feature? Also are all the apps the same on both units or only one? Thanks

I was looking at upgrading to the hopper and was quoted by 3 different reps for $50 and free installation. None of them said there was a price difference between the sling loaded and the non-slingloaded until I just read this. So is the $150 diference really worth it or getting the regular sling unit a better choice? I thought I had read that the stan alone sling was $49? If so why would anyone spend more to get the same feature? Also are all the apps the same on both units or only one? Thanks

I want the Sling Loaded because of the faster processor more than just because it has Sling loaded.

I would ask the rep when you are upgrading. Ask it in a leading type question, like "$50 and free installation is for the hopper with sling correct?" and let them take it from there. When they plug it in, if it comes back that it's more than $50 they will either change it so it's $50 because they told you it was $50 or they will come back to the line and tell you i'm sorry, but the hopper with sling is $$$ instead.

I understand the faster processor concept, but what do you need it for on a reciever used for TV?

Well that's OK if you want to be sneeky and possibly get someone fired because they made a stupid mistake. I really don't like playing those mind games. I know we call to third world countries and they might not be the brightest of the bright but I think they try to do their best and I for one wouldn't feel very good about getting someone in trouble just because I played a trick on them. Beleieve or not in all the years I have been with Dish I have never had a problem with Dish's CSRs and they have always been pleasant with me. Now Dell CSRs are another story. BUt thanks anyway

Moving this discussion to a separate thread.
Please keep the Hopper Upgrades thread for its original purpose: contacting the DIRT team for upgrades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts