Is just green good enough for signal strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ctphoto

Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Danbury, CT
Just set up a RV setup and only getting 27 strength on 110 and 119. It works but what is the least I can get away with? If it is green - is that good enough?

The least you can get away with is 11-12 but the higher your signal strength the less rain fade and less potential for dropouts.

110-119 ideally need at least 60s-70s, however, if what you've got works for you, and doesn't drop out, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

ctphoto said:
Just set up a RV setup and only getting 27 strength on 110 and 119. It works but what is the least I can get away with? If it is green - is that good enough?

If it doesnt pixilate and locks on, i'd say good to go!!!

RV setup may mean not perfectly peaked, sitting under a crown of a tree, or Danbury Conn. looking at Western Arc has a very low look angle and foliage may be blocking signal.

If you are only there for a week or two, you'll be fine. If it is a long term stay, you may want to repeak it or find a better spot for it

I set up in the same location this week and can not get any signal. The receiver is saying Alz 244, Elv 26, and Skew of 125 - but a few web based calculators I used said Alz 249.3, Elv 23.8, and Skew 38. I even read several places that said to leave Skew on 0, no need to adjust. I am confused. Here is my equipment list, Vip211k and Dish 1000.2

I set up in the same location this week and can not get any signal. The receiver is saying Alz 244, Elv 26, and Skew of 125 - but a few web based calculators I used said Alz 249.3, Elv 23.8, and Skew 38. I even read several places that said to leave Skew on 0, no need to adjust. I am confused. Here is my equipment list, Vip211k and Dish 1000.2

What does dish pointer site say?

Alz 249.3, Elv 23.8, and Skew 38 - Maybe I am doing something wrong. I am entering sat 119W and zip code 12495

At dishpointer.com, make sure you're selecting the Multi-LNB 1000.2 from the dropdown. This is what I got for zip 12495 and the 1000.2

Elevation: 23.9°
Azimuth (true): 235.9°
Azimuth (magn.): 249.3°

Dish Skew [?]: 127.9°
arrow-l.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)