Is KTLA available on dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We’re trying to find out of someone “moving” to LA would get KTLA + LA Big 4 on Conus
Also, although I hate to recommend this option, it should work on Directv. The last time I checked, Directv uses KTLA for their RV west coast CW feed (standard-def only, just like Dish's superstation feed) and they mirror those CONUS network feeds (SD and HD for the Big 4 + SD KTLA) for local LA subscribers.

I have had the Supers since I got Dish in 1999. Only in SD, but nice to have. I do believe KTLA does stream their 10 PM News in HD. I have watched it on occasion, but having it on Dish makes it easier. I have the Roku and many TV stations have apps to stream their news from all over the U.S. I believe there are close to 150 or more. It is fun to watch the different newscasts from all over. Some are in HD and others in SD. For some odd reason KTLA does not have a Roku app. In fact few So CA stations do. Seattle has KOMO, KING, & KIRO all on the Roku. Portland has KGW & KPTV. Plus KOIN I can stream off OnTV. Since we are grandfathered in and Dish is the only carrier that still has the Super Stations, I wonder how long we will continue to have them?

I have had the Supers since I got Dish in 1999. Only in SD, but nice to have. I do believe KTLA does stream their 10 PM News in HD. I have watched it on occasion, but having it on Dish makes it easier. I have the Roku and many TV stations have apps to stream their news from all over the U.S. I believe there are close to 150 or more. It is fun to watch the different newscasts from all over. Some are in HD and others in SD. For some odd reason KTLA does not have a Roku app. In fact few So CA stations do. Seattle has KOMO, KING, & KIRO all on the Roku. Portland has KGW & KPTV. Plus KOIN I can stream off OnTV. Since we are grandfathered in and Dish is the only carrier that still has the Super Stations, I wonder how long we will continue to have them?
I definitely like streaming KING for their annual coverage of New Year's At The Needle.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again- if anybody is canceling Dish and has the Superstations- I'd be willing take over your account. I'm out of contract so it should be an easy swap.
+1 for this. If I did this, I would switch the account to Welcome Pack and use it as a secondary account, as long as I could keep the superstations.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

I have searched Roku and Firestick for a KTLA app none found. There newscasts are good background noise while doing things around the house. You can find the newscast streamed with a browser on the Firestick. A bit of work but it works.

Reactions: pattykay
I have searched Roku and Firestick for a KTLA app none found. There newscasts are good background noise while doing things around the house. You can find the newscast streamed with a browser on the Firestick. A bit of work but it works.
It's a private channel..You have to add the code manually or you can use this one

Roku

Reactions: LeroyLudlow
I also have the Chromecast and can cast the KTLA news from the laptop to the TV. I wish Roku had a browser. There are so many neat services that stream, but they are not on the Roku. I would not think writing an Roku app for stations like KTLA would not be all that hard as many other stations do.

Reactions: LeroyLudlow
Well, the real advantage to having KTLA (or other LA Locals) is the live coverage OUTSIDE of the scheualed newscasts for, not only the really wild car chases, but the SoCal disasters of Fire, Flood, Mudslide, Earthquake, Shootings, Train Crashes, riots in Hollywood or Suset Strip (dissppinted crowds who show up for FREE show at small venue promoted on social media by stupid, small-time rock band only to be denied entry because 5,000+ people showed up and someone in the jostling crowd "pushed" some one else by accident and then all heck breaks loose with people in the crowd getting into fights) or any other incident requiring massive law enforcement or fire dept. resources. The newscasts just give you the dumpling version.

I still have all the orginal Superstations including WPIX, New York; (I also get WWOR, but I don't think they have a newscast) and WSBK, Boston; and I did have each of the big 3 NY stations of WABC, WCBS, and WNBC at one time a piece for extented periods, and, although I havnen't had them in over 10 years, I have to say that WNBC, 4 was by far the best produced newscast in NY compared to WABC (kind of low budget rinky-dinky newscast compared to WNBC), and WCBS. Not just Live at Five, but ALL of WNBC's newscasts with also WNBC had the best anchors and excellent reporters. WPIX being a WB Tribune local is not nearly as polished and can be almarmist, and this is true of KTLA, as well, not the best anchors or reporters nor as polished as KABC, KNBC, and KCBS who have some of the best and long-time reporters (and HUGELY paid). Meanwhile, WSBK airs its sister CBS flagship Boston station and even the big time WBZ news out of Boston has never stacked up to the level of WNBC. WNBC news was nearly identical in its polish, qualtiy of reproting and top anchors one experiences at LA stations KCBS, KNBC, and KABC (they spend jazillions on the news sets that make KTLA's look like garbarge. although KTLA news sets look better than they used to). And yes, KCAL 9 news is identical in appearance to KCBS news beause KCAL is owned by CBS, (KCAL news from 8PM-11PM and throughout the day at various times) and while they share resources, I think they have 4 seperate news sets to accomodate both KCAL 9 and KCBS 2. I really do miss the WNBC news just for general, international, national coverage and, of course, its NY coverage of incompitent NY govt. and agencies :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)