This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Is KU FTA circling the drain?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
30 West! Can you get that from planet Earth?
I get wipedout at about 135.
You guys that live in the open are lucky, except when the wind blows!

30W is East of you and where you are in Michigan it can be done. I was able to get it in Minneapolis at 8 1/2 elevation (until the trees got too big)

-Chuck Harder...he ran Peoples Radio Network. Here is info from wiki Chuck Harder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (dont turn this into a political thread...I will remove those posts)

I remember that guy from like, 20 something years ago! I used to listen to him on AM radio when I was sitting waiting to pick my kids up from school everyday.
He used to be a consumer advocate but then he went all political and his show morphed into an anti Clinton soapbox.

In retrospect, I miss the old days before he turned his show into, something very different...
Nobody does anything like that anymore..

Everytime I turned on Retro Jams, it was eaither Abba's "Dancing Queen" or John Paul Young's "Love is in the Air" playing.

Man I miss that station.

I watch TheCoolTV mainly at night during the 80's at 8 but dang seems like every night they have a Heart song on there

Let's see: Qaddafi is dead, and within minutes of the announcement NBC was talking about the Kardashians. Were I at home, I could have gone to 3-4 HD PBS stations to see if one of them had a news story. If not, they may have had one of their SD channels with an update.

Or I could have gone to 97West to watch Al-Jazeera, Press TV, CCTV 9, CNC, Russia Today all in English and with 24/7 News...or I could have gone to many of the foreign channels that cover news. Except for one PBS HD channel, none of these options were there just a few years back.

There's a bunch of stuff I miss from FTA a few years back, but it's an ever changing, always evolving hobby. Still finding things on Ku I didn't expect to find.

-Chuck Harder...he ran Peoples Radio Network. Here is info from wiki Chuck Harder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (dont turn this into a political thread...I will remove those posts)

We carried Chuck Harder on the radio station I work for back when he was on the Sun Network. When he announced the start up of the Peoples Net. we had to buy their sat package which included an odd 5.5 ft C-band mesh dish. But we dropped the show due to contractual differences and the dish sat in my garage for years. I used it last year for FTA but was too small, don't know how they expected it to work, but they did everything on the cheap.
(I never liked him very well either)

But on topic, there is a good news ch to watch on Ku.
I'll post it in "Whats Up There/News"

Last edited:

I just want to take this opportunity to say that it is a sad, sad world when people are more consumed with the spoiled, ultra rich KarTRASHians than things that really matter in the world. Personally, that whole family makes me ill. They are part of the 1%...

CCTV is not on 97W that I am aware of.

Dont forget Canal Vasco on Ku 30W to follow on todays ETA big and historic announcement that they are definitely stopping the use of violence in Pais Basque. Hopefully they will demilitarise and will continue as a political force using democratic means only in the future to achieve peace in Spain finally.

30W is East of you and where you are in Michigan it can be done. I was able to get it in Minneapolis at 8 1/2 elevation (until the trees got too big)
Nice catch Iceberg. Just checking if anyone was awake, I wasn't.
From the BUD, going East, 61W would be about the max. Big bunch of trees over to the East.
Pixl has a shot at something that low to the Horizon.

Nice catch Iceberg. Just checking if anyone was awake, I wasn't.
From the BUD, going East, 61W would be about the max. Big bunch of trees over to the East.
Pixl has a shot at something that low to the Horizon.

I was just reading this thread and when I saw your post I checked your location. Ice beat me to the point that you should be in the footprint of Hispasat. I get it just a bit west in the Chicago area. It helps to be at the high point in town, but the winds I have to put up with are horrible at times. Worst measured here this year is 78mph with sustained 60mph. Even in a sheltered location the WSI special dish is quite animated here. It will not hold up long.

Sounds like a few of us with tree removal equipment need to visit MI and MN. I am running a little low on firewood..... What LOS issues????

Status
Please reply by conversation.