is LOW VOLUME sound normal on the FTA Openbox Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

odinbear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
central NY
Finally got the Openbox running, started on G16/g4. Couldn't get the signal to run through the composite RCA to an old analog tv, so I hooked the composite directly to the Plasma, Blind scanned ch16 & 17 then ch11 , sound on tv is almost maxed for a quite a few channels.
Is there a way to improve this?

On the remote there is a "audio" button that brings up a menu sometimes has alternate audio modes depending on the sat. Try different settings for that sat including left only, right only, etc. might get you going.

there is also a volume button on the openbox remote. make sure the volume is turned up, I think it's default vol. level is low.

RTFM! lol - although my remote is slightly different than the one pictured in the manual, it has the left/right arrow buttons for volume (not marked on remote)... I missed THAT and had my TV on 100 (volume all the way up) and was still having trouble hearing FX so I ran the RCA/audio over to the Home Theatre sys (where I was able to Crank it up). ALSO will try the AUDIO button since the sound coming out of the Home Theatre's 7 speakers doesn't sound as good / split /etc as the W5 channels. (could just be that I gotta get the "setting" right for the channel?) Should I also, do a firmware upgrade, as I think I read in the forums, that the firmware updates fix sound issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)