Is MOJO coming to FIOS?

jcdude70

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I know FIOS is rolling out their new programming and channel guides but does anyone know if MOJO will be coming any time soon?

You don't say where you're from, and I doubt anyone could answer anyway. Some cities have had it for a a while, other ones just got upgraded and still don't have it.

I know FIOS is rolling out their new programming and channel guides but does anyone know if MOJO will be coming any time soon?

I never understood the infatuation with Mojo. What do you people watch on there? It has to be one of the worst HD channels around. I found better fare on the worst of the Voom channels. Mojo was much better as InHD 1/2.

Comcast is removing MOJO in my area. They may be going out of business so I would guess Verizon won't be adding them.

Comcast is removing MOJO in my area. They may be going out of business so I would guess Verizon won't be adding them.

That is the best news I have heard in a long time on here. Mojo may be going out of business. Sweet...... that will free up some bandwidth on all the systems that carry the channel now. What crap it is. I believe Comcast owns part of it actually, so they are probably selling off their part of it or dissolving it. Sweet!

First they shrunk from two channels (INHD1/2) to one (Mojo) and now they are possibly closing up shop. Good news!

Mojo dead as a dodo

Mojo HD To Say Bye Bye

In Demand's MSO Owners Say Channel Helped Fill HD Gap -- For a While

By Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 10/7/2008 12:02:00 PM

Mojo HD, the male-targeted, ad-supported programming outlet, is being shut down by In Demand Networks, the distributor confirmed.

“The Mojo HD channel was originally conceived as a way to satisfy consumers’ thirst for pure true high definition programming,” In Demand, owned by three big cable operators, said in a statement. “While Mojo HD accomplished this goal, there is a wealth of HD programming now available and thus we have chosen to discontinue the service.” In Demand said it had no other comment but confirmed the channel would go dark by about Dec. 1, with some variability among systems carrying it.

In Demand – owned by Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Cox – relabeled its former INHD channel Mojo HD in May 2007. In addition to the In Demand owners, it has carriage on Cablevision, Bright House Networks, Mediacom and Charter systems, a little more than 10 million subscribers in all.

It has the cable HD rights to NBC hit Heroes and a roster of original shows aimed mostly at upscale male viewers. Popular ones include I Bet You, labeled a game show slash buddy comedy; After Hours, in which chef Daniel Bouloud visits posh restaurants; Three Sheets (pictured below), a pub-crawl program hosted by Zane Lamprey; and Pressure Cook, which sees chef Ralph Pagano visit foreign locales with a one-way ticket and three days to earn enough cash, via what he learns of local cuisine, to earn his passage home.
3sheets.jpg

Mojo, programmed by VP of original programming Emilio Nunez, is a relatively small part of the In Demand operation. The company principally distributes pay-per-view and on-demand movies and sports packages, plus subscription VOD offerings such as Howard Stern’s Howard TV On Demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)