Is my DVR dying?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Hi guys. My DVR has been freezing in the middle of playback and only responds to an RBR. it just did it again (in the middle of Legit). This time it went through fixing 24 disk errors. It has gone through the process and I finally have a picture. Guess I just need a "new" one?

Never mind. It's gone and done the same thing five minutes after restarting. This time there are 26 errors. Grrr!

I'd definitely give Directv a call. That doesn't sound good when your getting disk errors. Sounds like a hard drive issue.

When you get them on a computer that means your hard drive is more them likely damage so in assuming it would be the same for a DVR.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Exactly, drive is failing, call and setup a replacement, they can just ship it to you with a return label for the bad one, $20 charge for shipping unless you have the protection plan.

I forgot to mention this: The CSR I spoke to told me to keep checking my account for upgrade offers. I told him I never get those because there is no competition in my building. He said that D plans to offer more to longstanding customers with good payment histories. He said this after I said I wished I could get a free HD receiver for the bedroom.

Be nice if its true.

I forgot to mention this: The CSR I spoke to told me to keep checking my account for upgrade offers. I told him I never get those because there is no competition in my building. He said that D plans to offer more to longstanding customers with good payment histories. He said this after I said I wished I could get a free HD receiver for the bedroom.

Be nice if its true.

Often if you go into your account and look into adding recvrs, you'll find they have specials on a particular recvr, you may not need it at the time, or see the offer they have for you unless you check your account often.

You could always call in to Directv and and when asked the reason for your call and say "cancel" then you'll be asked change programming or close your account, say "close account" and say you're thinking of leaving ask what deals they can give you.

They hooked me up pretty good. Genie for $50 (I even got them to wave the install fee of $49.00) free DVR for 12 months ($10.00), $15.00 off for 12 months, Free MRV for 3 months ($3.00), and $5.00 off for 3 months.

They can give you discounts other departments can't.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Over the years I've called several times thinking I would drop my package to a lower level to save some bucks. Every time I've been given discounts and freebies which took at least $20 off my bill plus gave me stars and/or Showtime for free. So I really can't complain in that area. Have never tried retention to wangle that HD receiver but, if the CSR was right yesterday, maybe ill have that kind of deal show up. I've always had a pretty good experience with the CSRs, even if he did want me to jump through all the tests when I told him the thing was near dead. I guess I should have just said it wouldn't power up at all. Lol. That's what I'll do next time.

Over the years I've called several times thinking I would drop my package to a lower level to save some bucks. Every time I've been given discounts and freebies which took at least $20 off my bill plus gave me stars and/or Showtime for free. So I really can't complain in that area. Have never tried retention to wangle that HD receiver but, if the CSR was right yesterday, maybe ill have that kind of deal show up. I've always had a pretty good experience with the CSRs, even if he did want me to jump through all the tests when I told him the thing was near dead. I guess I should have just said it wouldn't power up at all. Lol. That's what I'll do next time.

That IS an option ...

Over the years I had noticed special pricng on HD DVRs for my account, on seperate occasions I got 2 new ones for 99+ 20 shipping & 1 refurbished for just the 20 shipping! Doesnt hurt to check...

I have 5 HD-DVR's and I have never had to pay anything to get them. D* has been very good to me. I just keep calling and asking. I am waiting on the HR44 and then see what I can work out. But with 5 DVR's, do I really need it? Lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts