Is my HR10-250 dead?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
Today my HD-Tivo started acting up. It froze and wouldn't respond to any commands from the remote or the front of the unit itself. I rebooted and all seemed fine however there was no longer any guide data. A couple of hours later the data was back and the unit seemed to be working perfect again.

Now it's done the exact same thing again. It stopped responding to any remote or front panel commands so once again I rebooted. Same as before it's now working fine again, but this time I know it wasn't a one time thing and I have a feeling the problem will return. The unit is only a few months old, and the fact that there are no audio or video pixelating issues leads me to believe it's not the hard drive. I've seen what a dead drive in a Tivo looks like and this one seems fine.

Anyone seen this problem before? I REALLY don't want to send the unit back to Directv unless I absolutely have to as before now the unit has been flawless, including the HDMI.

It's sitting on it's own shelf and the temps have never gone above 45C. Today it's gotten much worse. I was watching a channel and all of a sudden the guide pops up with only one line. A couple of minutes later the screen just goes totally black. I also noticed last night that on one of the pre-recorded shows it was pixelating. My guess is the HD died. :no

I tried clearing and deleting everything and now it's stuck on that screen. It was even locking up in the menus as I tried to write down all of my SP's. The drive is definitely dead. I'm on the phone with Directv now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts