Is my ota adapter for vip22k defective

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
I recently purchased an ota adapter for my vip227k on eBay.

It worked fine on initial install.

Recently, whenever I switched to one of the OTA channels, I received a signal loss message from all of the OTA channels even though in the menu>setup>local channels it shows signal strength 70+

What I did was power off the VIP722k and pull out the OTA dongle. Once reinserted, the dongle worked properly.

So for those with experience, is the adapter defective or is this general operating procedure?

Correct. VIP722k. To reiterate. ..
When first installed- no issues with the ota adapter.
Recently, even though the setup menu shows that the signal from local stations is over 70, changing to the local stations in my guide says "signal loss - wait for acquiring signial - but it never does.
So, I removed the ota adapter and reinstalled it and then it was able to display local channels once again.
So my question for the group is - do you run into the "remove and reinsert " operation for correct operation of the ota adapter in the VIP722K?

We have the problem every once in a while. I posted this a while back, and folks told me it is a known bug is the 722K software when you hove the OTA adapter installed. They also said that Dish isn't too interested in correcting it.

On the signal loss screen, we get an error in the top right of 000 when this problem happens. If you press the guide button, your picture will likely return.

What we do (short of unplugging the receiver) is to change to our strongest OTA channel before going to a satellite channel. Usually keeps the OTA module/722K honest for a while.

We have the problem every once in a while. I posted this a while back, and folks told me it is a known bug is the 722K software when you hove the OTA adapter installed. They also said that Dish isn't too interested in correcting it.

On the signal loss screen, we get an error in the top right of 000 when this problem happens. If you press the guide button, your picture will likely return.

What we do (short of unplugging the receiver) is to change to our strongest OTA channel before going to a satellite channel. Usually keeps the OTA module/722K honest for a while.

Thanks for the info. We get the 000 error as well. However, if we press guide, we oftentimes get stuck there - meaning - we are unable to navigate from one channel to another. The other symptom that occurs is that the VIP722k becomes very slow to respond.

What we discovered is that if we tune to a satellite channel first and then get the error screen on an OTA channel, we can then press "Recall" and get back to seeing a picture.

What prompted me to ask about a possible defect in the OTA module was that this last time we received the error, a DVR reset did not resolve the error nor did a rescan of local stations - even though the scan found all the locals and wrote the information to the DVR.

Thanks again for the info you provided. Although a hassle at times, it's somewhat reassuring to know that we didn't receive a defective module.

BTW, we also get our locals via DISH so we only need to use the OTA when there's a DISH problem with the locals or if we run into a situation where we could use a 3rd signal source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)