Is my PVR 501 dead?

tre

Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
I can't get a picture at all on any channel and it will not download new program guide info. My 501 can see my legacy quad (switch test) and the signal strength is good (100+) on 110 and 119 even and odd transponders. I can access and play old recorded shows on the disk. I can see the on screen guide but it tells me the info is outdated and needs to download new info (but it fails). I powered down (unplugged) and rebooted. I did a switch ckeck w/ RG6 connected and disconnected and as expected it only works when the cable is connected. I took it downstairs and plugged it into the same RG6 cable my 721 is using and it did not work there either (but the 721 works fine). I also tried both coax and S video connectors to the TV (neither work). I tried it on 2 different Tv's. It also seems to be running "slow". When I press menu, it takes a good 7 seconds before the menu pops up on screen. Did I try everything? Is the tuner dead?:mad: This is 5.5 years old and I own it.

Last gasp, unplug it and let it set for an hour or so let it cool down. Lets all the capacators drain, might revive it.

I had one that did that, I tried everything. Like dfergie I thought the tuner died, dish sent a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)