Is My View on DirecTV vs Dish Valid?

as far as PQ goes I've had both DISH and Directv on my 52" and the winner there is Directv by a mile. DISH over compresses so much that my wife complained on the PQ until we switched.

I do wish Directv would be cheaper on the up front costs for HD.

This is one of those issues I keep seeing widely different views on. One person says DirecTV is much better. The next says they're equal. And the next says Dish is better. I did think about DirecTV because of this concern, but I kept getting almost as many saying the opposite -- so I gave up. It is very possible that DirecTV is better, or it might be more true that the "on my set" part of the claim is more accurate. I just can't say since I have no way of doing a side-by-side comparison. I do put faith in people stating that they've subscribed to both and find one or the other to be better, however. But I don't know why there would be such a wide array of claims.

JD Power says DirecTV users are more satisfied than all the others, including cable viewers -- that might mean something.

As far as the math goes when it comes to comparing services and equipment costs, if you are going to figure Dish's $5/month rental as equipment costs, then you need to make sure you don't include that same $5 in your analysis of cost/channel.

When I signed up, I wanted the cheepest service I could get. I found that Dish had the cheapest subscription fee, and I got to use their equipment for free. Of course, I could have figured I was renting the equipment, but then the subscription cost was that much lower. $35/month for AT60, two tuners, and 100 hours (*cough*) of hard drive space is a hell of a deal.

HELLO ALL,
just throwing my 2 cents in the mix. As of april my year commit was up at Dir*, i called voom And Dish to try them out. Voom was cancelled in 4 days due to a seriously bad install and an even worse customer service issue What a shame for the 2 days it did work the pq was very good. Dish lasted 3 weeks(even with 2 free hd boxes and a free dvr, price was a few dollars cheaper too) but here in new jersey the pq was not nearly as clear as DirecTv No audio dropouts, no very minimal pixelation. so for my money directv was an easy decision, as i get very good customer service, good to very good technical service. and even with the extra cost the hd boxes i am using are much better imo, although i keep hoping voom and dish get better as competition is good for all of us. so ill see them all again next april and see who comes out on top. All in all im sure it will be me LOL

Don't get the whole HD thing at all. I can't tell the differance between Digital and HD. If it wore me I would take the HD TV back and weight it out until HD is the same price as Digital. Ah that is my two cents any ways.

www.ContractWork.info
The board for satellite and cable installation technicians and employers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts