IS NOW COMING IN ON A 30 INCH DISH !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
MONTANA PBS IS NOW COMING IN ON A 30 INCH DISH ! Someone said there was going to be another service terminating, which was most likely interfering. IT WAS, IT IS NO LONGER. Maybe the Pansat 9200's will get it now. Yee haaa!! BTW, the Openbox blind scanned it in. On record here as one of the 10 lowest SR's to do so. Q is fluctuating. 55 to 65.

Last edited:
I always was able to get Montana PBS on the 30" with the Openbox...even at a 11 quality

there is a neighboring signal on 123W which has UWTV...both were at 12104 frequency. Are you saying that TP on 123W is gone?

I always was able to get Montana PBS on the 30" with the Openbox...even at a 11 quality

there is a neighboring signal on 123W which has UWTV...both were at 12104 frequency. Are you saying that TP on 123W is gone?

It was on their website that they were moving to 11771 (all other parameters the same) and the 12104 frequency would end March 15th. Page has disappeared (though the cached page can be found on google using the search terms UWTV satellite change).

Can't confirm it has gone from 12104, as I no longer have a dish pointed at what at one time was THE satellite to aim for! Going to do a re-point of my dish aimed at 125, as I had bumped it west a bit to increase Montana PBS as much as possible without too much loss on the other channels.

Yep, 12104 on 123W is now absent.(at least, a blind scan detects no tp on that freq on 123W) Montana was hit and miss, more miss, until today. It had been a crap shoot as to if it would be above threshold and watchable.

Last edited:
Wow, I'll have to check it tonight. The 36" Primestar hasn't had a steady signal on Montana PBS in quite a long while. Hopefully now it will pop right in....blind

OK you guys got me brave enough to try this again. Now at 99% quality on the coolsat 8000 -but pixelated and broken up beyond watchable... at least the wild re-booting cycles have stopped! :eek:

Very good now I can begin watching Montana PBS once again. Even on my 4' dish using an OpenBox S9 receiver the channel broke up once in awhile.

UWTV is definitely at the new transponder posted earlier.

And yes, the Montana PBS signals are definitely easier to pick up. Tonight, I went out and turned the LNB on my motorized dish 10 degrees away from 0 skew because I got tired of things on 103w scanning in on both polarities, and Montana was the first thing I checked to make sure I hadn't lost any other valuable transponders due to the error. (10 degrees doesn't get me the NBC S2 channels on 103, mind you, it just gets rid of the duplication of all the other strong signals on that bird. Your mileage may vary. Hopefully, SES-3 will get into orbit next month and won't have the skew issue.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)