Is recording three HD channels to much?

chibi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Anybody have problems recording two satellite HD channels and one OTA HD
channels at the same time? I notice a lot of sound breakup and sometimes
just a blank yellow screen. This is on a 722.

I've recorded 2 sat and 1 OTA several times and have had no such problems. I think this may be a problem with the STB itself.

I do it alot - pretty much all the time during the fall/winter on Thursday nights with no problem. I do have to use the OTA for my CBS or ABC affiliate - my Fox & NBC OTA is not as strong & can have problems.

Do you see the same sort of problems just watch OTA - if not, the STB may have the problem.

I have recorded 3 at the same time, but also have had the yellow (or sometimes purple) screen you mention, Not always when recoding 3 channels either.

I have recently disconnected the ota from my 622 and i have not seen the yellow screen since. BTW the yellow screen appears on the non-ota as well as ota channels, and i get satellite lost (i.e on a sat channel) if the ota signal is low or lost.

what is your OTA signal like at these times ?

I have recorded 3 at the same time, but also have had the yellow (or sometimes purple) screen you mention, Not always when recoding 3 channels either.

I have recently disconnected the ota from my 622 and i have not seen the yellow screen since. BTW the yellow screen appears on the non-ota as well as ota channels, and i get satellite lost (i.e on a sat channel) if the ota signal is low or lost.

what is your OTA signal like at these times ?

My yellow screen was on a satellite channel, channel 11 (NBC San Francisco/San Jose). It is on 119 and normally around in the 60s. My OTA recording was for channel 44 (WB) and is in the 80s and it recorded fine.

Last edited:
I record 3 HD shows at one time at least once a week and I even watched something off the EHD at the SAME TIME last week! While eating in the living room! :eek: Don't tell my wife!

I think you may be on to something. There is a thread about audio dropout problems in recordings which I had, and come to think about it when the audio problem occurred I was recording 3 HD shows at the same time...

The yellow screen I've gotten too, but I believe its due to E's encoders, vs the box.

Namely, this will at time happen with live TV, and it will only be one station, while others work, as well as that channel OTA, just not that specific channel!

I don't permanently lose any audio or have the video issues you're talking about, but if I'm watching something that was recorded while 3 (antenna HD, and two Sat HD feeds) things were recorded, it seems to skip during portions

I have to use the skip back button sometimes two or three times to catch the parts I miss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts