Is RTPi on AMC4 switching polarities?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerwucef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
As discussed in the KUIL thread, I've been having trouble receiving RTPi from AMC4 today. I suspected it could be a transmission issue, but since I can't do anything about that, I decided to fool around with my receiver, see if there was any LNB drift or whatnot. Anyway, the signal improved enough this evening that I was able to do some more conclusive testing, and then something odd happened.

RTPi is supposed to be located at 12033 H 3.003. Here, my Visionsat hits about 79 on the quality -- when it normally did about 99 before today's troubles. But then I accidentally switched from horizontal to vertical, and it pegged the meter.

Not only did the quality go up to 100, but the correct service name for the channel ("RTP America") suddenly was available, which is something I never saw when set to horizonal. I checked the usual places including the RTP website for any news of a possible switch, but there's nothing there.

It's still available at 12033 H 3.003, but 12033 V 3.003 brings about a 25% signal improvement on my Visionsat. The secondary audio channel for the RDP radio feed is also present on the vertical side.

I checked some other transponders on AMC4, and their polarities seem to be following what the lists out there say they should be.

Anyone else getting this? Or is there something screwy going on with the equipment? Or was this always there?

Getting 92signal/99quality on RTP on my 1m, its showing H and I haven't rescanned this sat in a while, so I suppose thats what its been for a while (horiz) Maybe your rec is quirky today?

Anyone else getting this? Or is there something screwy going on with the equipment? Or was this always there?

Getting the same thing on my Pansat! It is raining here, and my LNB is 6 degrees off-centre on a 60e. On the horizontal I'm am getting jumpy readings of 30 - 60, but on the vertical I am getting it high 80's to 99!

Looks like the vertical signal at 12033 went down right about the time I posted that last message. 12033 H 3.003 is back up to about 90. Maybe that'll be all for these polarity shenanigans.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)