Is sattelite 110 the same as 129?

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
Are 110 and 129 coming from the same sattelite? When I tested the signal strength from the 110 and 119 I got greater than 75, which is good. When I tested 129 which are the HD chanells they were less than 60. This is why my HD chanells break up so often. My dish is pointing to a satellite why don't they both come in the same strength?

Your dish is pointing to 3 different satellites. The numbers are the different orbital locations of each satellite. 110 is at 110 W degrees, 119 is at 119 W degrees and so on. 129 is known for low signal levels.

Just look at my avatar, you can see that the view changes from each orbital location.

How can I get a stronger signal from 129? The SD chanells are fine. It's the HD chanells that seem to break up as though a storm is approaching.

Do a search in the forum, it's been discussed several times. In a nut shell, you won't get higher readings as the other two main satellites. A bigger dish will help for sure. I have a separate D500 pointed at 129 and I get mid 70s to mid 80s from 129.

hammertime said:
When I tested 129 which are the HD chanells they were less than 60. This is why my HD chanells break up so often.

Actually your hd breaks up because the 129 sat is a piece of crap satellite, at %60 you wont experience signal loss or break up, that happens at a lower signal strength. The designation of 110, 119 and 129 indicates an orbital location over the equater that the satellites are supposed to remain stationary though 129 has ants in its pants and has to be readjusted from what I have heard.

110 west, 119 west, 129 west.

Even though all 3 mentioned satellites are at the same elevation in relationship to the earth because they are at various locations along this line around the earth they will be further from a fixed point as a trio than if it was just one bird you were looking to get. The 110 depending on where your at is most likely going to be the closest satellite to you while the 119 and 129 will be further out.

Take a look at the pic that I have included and it will give you an idea as to how it all works.

Attachments

• elevations.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 378

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts