Is Sky News Available FTA In The US?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

EarDemon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
USA
Subject says all. I know they steam online on YouTube, but I'd be willing to dive into the world of FTA, if I didn't have to be dependent on the internet to receive it. Thanks

The only Sky News feed which has a footprint that might include your area is on SES6 and its SD encrypted.

I'm pretty sure the OP said, "if I didn't have to be dependent on the internet to receive it."

Where I work, our corporate HQ is located in Europe, many of our employees travel back and forth on a regular basis, some go there for training a few weeks of the year. Many of the Europeans come over to the States for special projects or for industry trade shows and events. Fellow co-workers and people who work at corporate who I've never met but communicate with often via email and phone were in Paris hours before the attack. A whole group of people I know and know of were in and out of the Brussels airport a few days to hours before that attack. We have locations in most of the European countries and when someone is scheduled to fly out of the Brussels airport into Slovakia on a Tuesday, for example, it doesn't always mean it happens on a Tuesday.

I've been glued to Sky's online stream for hours during these events, but there are quality and buffering issues at one point it was stuck in a 5 minute loop. I really, really do not like the idea of steaming video over the internet. When DNS servers get hit with DDOS attacks, satellites and radio frequency generally still work.

Mr3p, is this the satellite that your referring to? http://www.lyngsat.com/SES-6.html with programming from Oi in Latin America

Sky news is live on YouTube for free. If you have the hopper 3, you can watch it on there. In the you tube app. That's what I am doing. Also it is free on Apple TV, Roku etc. and on skynews.com.

MHZ World broadcasts OTA (and no doubt on some cable companies) as a sub-channel from some PBS stations. They do not have Sky News, but do have blocks of news from all around the world including France and Germany. I could not "Google" your town in New York, but I see that they broadcast from WNYJ in New York City.

Haha, Pegulaville is not a real town, it's a moniker and reference to the city of Buffalo, NY, and to Terry and Kim Pegula, the owners of the Bills and Sabres along with Bandits lacrosse team and Rochester Americans minor league hockey team. I live in between Buffalo and Rochester.

I have DirecTV with a WorldDirect dish for 95, and get MHz Worldview on channel 2183.

Nice to have all these free streaming services, but not so functional if you live in an area with poor or no internet bandwidth.
Have to get FCC and CRTC to demand every free streaming service must have an open Ku stream available! :)

Reactions: mr3p and Pepper
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts