Is something changing in broadcast encoding?

19psi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Northern Indiana
About 2 months ago I started to notice really bad picture quality on my Channel Master stb when viewing Fox 32 out of Chicago. This was on the master bedroom TV.
It's not blocking or pixelating...it's thin horizontal lines of video missing, the more movement on the screen the worse it gets. I haven't noticed this on other channels including Fox 28 out of South Bend Indiana. Fox 32 appears fine on my other TVs using Insignia boxes so I thought maybe the problem was with the Channel Master.
Today I took delivery of my new 60" Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV and it's doing the exact same thing with the built in tuner. It replaced my old 46" Mitsu with an Insignia stb off the same antenna jack in my living room which never had issues. Due to the sheer size it's almost unwatchable.

Anyone think the amp in my attic could be over driving and causing this or could it simply be that Fox 32 has issues they aren't fixing?

Sounds like a station problem.

I'd call them and explain what you see, also talk to others that use OTA and see if they see it, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts