RV antenna installation help - but for my home!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjderama

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Orange County, CA
Hi all. After trying a couple of antennas in my attic, indoor antennas placed all over, and now RV antennas, I have found something that gets all my local stations - from over 39 miles away!

The Jack RV Antenna is great and has all my local stations coming in clear and uninterrupted. Now the question is where to put it.

I'd like to install it on the eave of my roof. Would any of you be so kind as to walk me through then cabling part of the install. I know that I should use the weather boot to seal off the coax cable to antenna connection. Then I'll run the cable along the length of the eave, until it gets to right above where I'd like to have it enter the home. I'm not too handy, but I think I can run it down the exterior wall attached to the stucco with some clip thingys (got to love my technical terms). What about grounding, a bushing to enter the home, and anything else?

Thanks so much in advance!

RJ

Hi all. After trying a couple of antennas in my attic, indoor antennas placed all over, and now RV antennas, I have found something that gets all my local stations - from over 39 miles away!

The Jack RV Antenna is great and has all my local stations coming in clear and uninterrupted. Now the question is where to put it.

I'd like to install it on the eave of my roof. Would any of you be so kind as to walk me through then cabling part of the install. I know that I should use the weather boot to seal off the coax cable to antenna connection. Then I'll run the cable along the length of the eave, until it gets to right above where I'd like to have it enter the home. I'm not too handy, but I think I can run it down the exterior wall attached to the stucco with some clip thingys (got to love my technical terms). What about grounding, a bushing to enter the home, and anything else?

Thanks so much in advance!

RJ
Yes you can run cable as described, I would skip grounding. A wall bushing means no fitting on the end of the cable so it will fit. Can you put new compression fitting on the cable? You may be better off with pre made cables and a 1/2 inch hole then using silicone to fill it. Put a drip loop where cable enters house so water drips off.

i

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)