Is splitting TV1 to another room possible with 722k?

Hey guys, I just realized an important question in all of this. If I do the component cable run, which is what I think I will do, how do I change channels since TV2 remote can't control tuner 1 right? Please let me know of my options, thanks!

Take the TV1 remote to the bedroom OR pick up another 21.0 remote from ebay OR run the receiver in single mode.

BTW, IMHO it makes more sense to run the component/audio cables to the TV near the receiver and HDMI to the remote TV. Yeah, a HDMI cable is pretty heavy but so are 3 component video cables and 2 audio ones. You can also run HDMI to both TVs if you get a POWERED HDMI splitter. monoprice.com for cables and maybe a splitter.

Yer welcome!

ED

Hey guys, I just realized an important question in all of this. If I do the component cable run, which is what I think I will do, how do I change channels since TV2 remote can't control tuner 1 right? Please let me know of my options, thanks!

In single mode, the UHF TV2 remote will control TV1 output.

So if I get another 21.0 remote, what would I need to do from there? Do I put away my TV1 remote and use the 21.0's? One for the living room and one for the bedroom? How would I activate the new 21.0?

My goal is to use dual mode but still be able to tune channels from the bedroom. It sounds like getting another 21.0 remote will achieve this, but I just need clarity on how it will work. Thanks!

So if I get another 21.0 remote, what would I need to do from there? Do I put away my TV1 remote and use the 21.0's? One for the living room and one for the bedroom? How would I activate the new 21.0?

My goal is to use dual mode but still be able to tune channels from the bedroom. It sounds like getting another 21.0 remote will achieve this, but I just need clarity on how it will work. Thanks!

Sorry to bother, but does anyone have an answer for my question above? Thanks!

Sorry to bother, but does anyone have an answer for my question above? Thanks!

Use the current TV1 remote (IR) in the living room and the additional 21.0 remote set to TV1's remote address to control the TV1 tuner from the bedroom. Keep the original 21.0 set to the TV2's address to use if/when you must have independent viewing--SD in the bedroom, of course. Instructions for setting remote addresses are in your receiver's manual and instructions for setting up the new remote will come with it.

Ed

Use the current TV1 remote (IR) in the living room and the additional 21.0 remote set to TV1's remote address to control the TV1 tuner from the bedroom. Keep the original 21.0 set to the TV2's address to use if/when you must have independent viewing--SD in the bedroom, of course. Instructions for setting remote addresses are in your receiver's manual and instructions for setting up the new remote will come with it.

Ed

Thank you kind sir, that is exactly the info that I needed.

Read this whole thread. Did not see the use of Cat5 extenders. You can get these many places if you shop around pretty cheap. Have done this for friends. Works great. Total cost for HDMI or component. Is about 100.00 for extenders and cat5 cable. Cat5 cable is alot easier to run tru out the house. Sample of product I will provide a link. Cheapest ones I use are from Skywalker. But Ebay or any cable place will have them as well. As for the remote. Same thing remote extender will work however, a remote ir/rf is the best price and deal.21.0 remote with switch in battery compartment.
Vanco International 280503 RGB Component Video Over Cat 5e Extender - Smarthome

Read this whole thread. Did not see the use of Cat5 extenders. You can get these many places if you shop around pretty cheap. Have done this for friends. Works great. Total cost for HDMI or component. Is about 100.00 for extenders and cat5 cable. Cat5 cable is alot easier to run tru out the house. Sample of product I will provide a link. Cheapest ones I use are from Skywalker. But Ebay or any cable place will have them as well. As for the remote. Same thing remote extender will work however, a remote ir/rf is the best price and deal.21.0 remote with switch in battery compartment.
Vanco International 280503 RGB Component Video Over Cat 5e Extender - Smarthome

monoprice.com has the cat5e extenders as well.

Ed

Ed

Ok Ed, I'm stuck again. Is it even possible to have 3 remotes to control the DVR? I can't seem to put more than 2 addresses in the DVR.

When I gave the new 21.0 remote TV1's remote address, it didn't do anything. It didn't control TV1. This is in dual mode.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Ok Ed, I'm stuck again. Is it even possible to have 3 remotes to control the DVR? I can't seem to put more than 2 addresses in the DVR.

When I gave the new 21.0 remote TV1's remote address, it didn't do anything. It didn't control TV1. This is in dual mode.

Any ideas? Thanks!

You can have any # of remotes to control your receiver, something's wrong.:confused: It'll be able to control it in single OR dual mode. Does the "chip" in the bottom front of the 21.0 say "1"? If so, get the manual out and read/follow the instructions for setting the remote address again. If not, remove the battery cover 1st, then turn the "chip" over from 2 to 1 and reinsert it. Turn on the TV in the living room that's by your receiver. Turn on the receiver as well.
You need to set the address with the new remote to your receiver by:
1.Press the INFO button located behind the door on front of the receiver.

2.Press the RECORD button on the new remote (RED).

This should syncronize the receiver with the new remote.

Yer welcome!:)

Ed

That should automatically set up the remote with current TV1 address and change TV1 from IR only to IR/UHF so that both the new 21.0 and your oiginal 20.0 remote will control TV1The 20.0 IR remote will just work in the living room though--as it has.

Last edited:
The trick is to have all the remotes for each output (TV1 or TV2) on the same address, you have two outputs so you only need two addresses.

If you set up another remote on a different address, the first one stops working, because the receiver is no longer on its address.

You can have any # of remotes to control your receiver, something's wrong.:confused: It'll be able to control it in single OR dual mode. Does the "chip" in the bottom front of the 21.0 say "1"? If so, get the manual out and read/follow the instructions for setting the remote address again. If not, remove the battery cover 1st, then turn the "chip" over from 2 to 1 and reinsert it. Turn on the TV in the living room that's by your receiver. Turn on the receiver as well.
You need to set the address with the new remote to your receiver by:
1.Press the INFO button located behind the door on front of the receiver.

2.Press the RECORD button on the new remote (RED).

This should syncronize the receiver with the new remote.

Yer welcome!:)

Ed

That should automatically set up the remote with current TV1 address and change TV1 from IR only to IR/UHF so that both the new 21.0 and your oiginal 20.0 remote will control TV1The 20.0 IR remote will just work in the living room though--as it has.

Ah, the trick was to turn the chip over from 2 to 1. I wasn't even thinking about that, thanks a lot!

Everything is working fine now, thanks again Ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)