Is the 148 down/dead?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I give up this is too hard to be messing with lol. I hooked the 148 directly to the 311 and i set it to the point dish screen and go adjust the dish but by the time i get back in the dam thing has done a soft reboot is there something wrong?

Oh man, you spent 2 days of your weekend for nothng - time to find someone who can do it in 1/2 hour :).
I'm rather would spend the sunny weekend on a boat in delta ;)

Last edited:
Actually i havent spent my whole weekend doing nothing i took care of what i needed to do friday took my mom out. I planned to just relax this weekend its too hot out i work outdoors and during the weekend i like to be indoors. I just thought it would be cool to mess with this dish that the trees blocked. I just now found the 129 im getting 50 on the signal im going to try and peak it but im taking a break lol. Thanks for the support man.;)

Ok i got it at 63-65 it floats around that its kinda jumpy from 64-65 but i got it i couldnt get more that that but im assuming its good enough?

are you talking about 129 or 148?

129 thats about right...the signal is low on the west coast

148..thats too low. Should be near 100

Smith said:
Oh man, you spent 2 days of your weekend for nothng - time to find someone who can do it in 1/2 hour :).
I'm rather would spend the sunny weekend on a boat in delta ;)

live and learn, thats what I say

I aimed a 76cm dish at F1 for StarChoice thinking it would be better then my StarChoice 75e dish....it wasn't

so I went back to what I used

Yea thats my new signal for the 129 about 62-65. I just found another problem the cable that runs to my 811 from the switch that comes from the 110/119 has broken. The little crimp on end fell off the screw on part stayed on the switch so now i need to go to radio shack to get a new crimp end. What cable is it again Rg-6, Rg-59?? I cant read the numbers on the wire.

Dish added VOOM to the HD lineup almost a year ago. You would have had to point at 61.5 though to get it as they didn't add it to 129 much later.

Well i got the new crimp end on and it still didnt show up the 129 on my 811 i moved the 311 to where the 811 is and it too didnt work. I then checked every spot of the cable and found the dang thing had a bad bend in it from where my sister pushed a dresser over it. I un bent it and now all is fine both boxes are now seeing the 110,119&129 the 129 signal is around 63-65 on both boxes the 110/119 is around 85-125 on each box depending on the trandsponder. Well this has been one long hard yet sorta fun day at home for me. I really have to give thanks out to Iceberg wouldnt have done it with out you buddy thanks man. Whew now i just need to order a vip211 And the new dish plantinum hd pack baby. :D

Last edited:
Mid 60s for 129 is about right for us in the West Coast so don't sweat it, now that you found 129 leave it alone. You guys were in the upper 90s today, so grab a cold one and relax.

Yea we were baking today im just browsing the net now its how i relax lol. Hey when i call dish and change to the plantinum hd pack and order a vip211 can i have it mailed to me? I dont really want an installer to come over cause ill have to wait around for him and its such a simple unit to install id rather do it myself.

Ok i just called dish got the rudest S.O.B i hung up on him this pisses me off. I am once step closer to going to comcast i never called dish before but this guy was freaking rude. I asked if i can install the reciever he said no its required for a professional to do it. I told him i didnt want a dish 1000 cause im getting a stronger signal than any dish 1000 ive seen from my friends/family. He seemed mad cause i told him all i wanted was the dam 211. Im going to give it one more try and if i dont succedd im going to cancel my service.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)