Is the 148 down/dead?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
Ok today i turned on the tv i noticed i only have one hbo hd and one showtime hd. I was like huh?? So i did a check switch test and it now only shows the 110/119 i am supposed to have the 148. I have 2 dish's on specifically for the 148. Now i need to know if its my setup that has gone bad before i call dish. I have a dish 811 and 311 both with the newest software i believe. I can still recieve the two channels that are my locals that are supposed to be on the 148 but not any 148 satellite channels?

I guess it must be on my end then cause i dont see channel 580 and i still cant see the hbo/sho time hd channels on the 148 only the ones on the 110/119. I guess i better catch up on my indy language skills so i can call dish.:confused:

try these first

-unhook cable from receiver (power off receiver first) and do a check switch to reset the info
-plug cable back in, power back on and redo check switch to see if that helps

otherwise, try hard reboot...unplug from outlet for a minute or so

Ok i will try that, i just looked out back and i think i might have a big problem in the form of trees lots of trees.. We had a very wet winter and now suddenly lots and lots of sun the small trees are growing fast i had no idea they were as large as they are. I dont go in my back yard much cause its too cluttered cause my dad lol. I will snap some pics i wonder if i can just turn my dish to the 129?? cause 148 seems to be blocked by the trees now. My zip code is 95205 do you have any info for aiming to the 129?

Here are pics i am not positive what switches i have.

Attachments

• DCP_0006_copy.jpg
    DCP_0006_copy.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DCP_0007_copy.jpg
    DCP_0007_copy.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 260
  • DCP_0008_copy.jpg
    DCP_0008_copy.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 256
  • DCP_0009_copy.jpg
    DCP_0009_copy.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DCP_0010_copy.jpg
    DCP_0010_copy.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 226
in pic 2, the boxes under the roof are DP21's

so you have a DishPro Twin at 110/119
DishPro Dual on 148
2 DishPro DP21's to combine them

As for the trees, the dishes are offset, which means where the dish is aimed is 22 degrees below the "actual" aiming area

the signal comes down, bounces at a 22 degree angle off dish and hits LNB...so those trees are fine.

Ok i did what you said unplugged the box too and still no 148. Where can i get info on aiming to the 129 for my zipcode 95205? If i could aim to the 129 then all i need to do is order a vip211 and self install that for more hd i havent seen any new hd since i joined dish in september 2004 :(

sweet thanks man im going to try and see if i can get up there and try your numbers if it works ill call dish ask for the new plantinum hd pack. If i can get it to work ill just call and ask they come to set it up lol. Thanks man i appreciate it. Oh and almost forgot to ask what trandsponder should i tune to so i can check signal strenght on the 129? thanks

Last edited:
well i fooled with it but can find the 129 i lost my compass but im going to buy on tomorrow and try again. Now once i move the satellite should i run the check switch before going to the point dish screen where it shows signal strenght? I choose the 129 for point dish signal strength but on the bottom is says wrong sat eco 119 west??

no. You need signal before you can run check switch.

There's a couple ways to do this

-bring up point dish screen and select 129. Some receivers won't let you until you get in the vicinity. If you can't see 129 in the screen, select 119 and move dish in vicinity. When it "sees" a glimpse of signal, the screen will say "please wait wqhile we find satellites" or something like that. Then you can select 129.
-run a cable directly from the 148 dish to the receiver (bypassing the switch) and do a check switch to clear everything. Aim at 129 and rehook back up and rerun check switch

Man ive been trying to see the 129 but i cant get it to show up i dissconnected the 110/119 so only the old 148 dish it hooked up now i cant even select the 129 anymore in the point dish screen? I set the dish at around 45 its pretty hard to read the elevation cause the bolt covers most of the numebers. Im having trouble with the azimuth i tried about as south as i can figure south is but still nothing. My 110/119 is facing south with a tad towards the west. Should i aim the 129 more east than the 110/119 like sorta cross their paths? Or should it be sorta parallel with it just a tad more to the west? Im about to call dish ask for a dish 1000 lol.

Ok i set the point dish to tp 17 on the 129 using my 311 reciever but it keeps showing ecostar 119 wrong satellite? Is there anyother tp i could try or should i try using my 811 to find the 129? Sorry to be a pain im just trying to figure this out im also starting to thing the trees might be blocking my view of the 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)