Is the 522 really the same as a 625??

So I'm not imagining things this morning. Hit the DVR button, and there was a new menu with a movie available.

But, until yesterday, it didn't show it. I wonder how much space they reserve on the 522 for VOD?

As if it really matters. Monday I upgrade to the 622.

522 and 625 has the same storage and the same features except the 625 has Video On Demand. If you do not care about the Video On Demand then there is no advantage of having the 625. I believe they also charge extra for the Video On Demand than regular PPV's so to me a 522 instead of a 625 would be no biggie. They did give you a heck of a lot better receiver in exchange for that 510 you had so you have nothing to really complain about (as long as they will not consider the 522 a lease receiver if you bought the 510).
My 522 now has VOD

Sorry Pepper, I forgot about you - sure if he will search by your nick, he will find it. But in my post (between lines) was hidden point ;) - is the VOD on 522 changed partitioning scheme ?

smith, i did understand your point, people should do some bit of research before they ask already answered questions.

kind of like walking into a room full of dictionaries and yelling at the top of your voice "what does aardvark mean?" then walking out mad cause nobody told you the answer :)

It's also very unstable, at least for me. It can crash at any time while viewing a recording, skipping forward or fast forwarding, and the only fix is to unplug the 522, wait a minute or so and then replug it into the power socket. I hope 4.14 is on the horizon soon. :(

When I stated that the 522 did not have VOD, it didn't (at that time) but it sure does now (I just got it on mine tonight). My guess is that the 625 has more storage space for more VOD movies in the future.

522 has a seagate 160 gig, not 120 gig just to correct who ever said it was 120 gig!
Have you actually been inside one? There are several drives that may be found in a particular DVR, it is a fact that the two that I owned at one time had Maxtor 4R120L0 which is a 120GB drive.

Anyone else seeing the new 'features' that I am seeing?

1. Every now and then, the picture freezes. I got it to continue somehow by clicking pause and stop.

2. Every now and then, the sound disappears. I got the sound back by repeatedly clicking the back button, until the sound started again.

3. We also have an encore of the stuttering problem from earlier versions.

Impressive :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)