Is the 722 remote compatible with the Hopper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbarr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Anderson, SC
Hopper newbie here....

?My wife and I just ordered the Hopper/Joey upgrade over the weekend, and it is scheduled to install on Wednesday. Coming from a 722 receiver, this looks like a fine upgrade. I purchased an extra remote for the 722 since my wife and I each like having a remote in the living room (and somehow, we cooperate very well with two!)

Are the 722 remotes compatible with the Hopper? If not, and if we decide to purchase a second Hopper remote, can we assign a second remote to the Hopper?

Thanks!

-Jim

Not sure if the colored buttons are functional on the 21.0 remote.

Thanks for the input. I'll test it out on Wednesday, and if it works, great. If not, I see replacement remotes on Amazon for $19.00.

?

It's not limping along at all. If the Hopper placement is exposed with decent line of site, the 20.0/21.0 remotes are just as good as 40.0, if not better (40.0's do not learn correctly). For my exposed Hopper, all I use are 20.0/21.0 units. The 40.0 that came with that Hopper is paired with the 2nd Hopper tucked away in a cabinet. We use 3 remotes with each unit. If there were any issues at all, I'd order replacements in a heartbeat, but there is no reason to, even if they were only $1 each.

Explain how they do not learn correctly? I have mine controling multiple devices and they learned the functions of the devices remotes with no problems for me.

All six of mine double or triple the output. Some devices don't notice, but my LG TV does. I have two different hardware IDs on the remotes. 20.0/21.0 work fine. The TV has an led that blinks and you can clearly see multiple flashes. The LED on my IR repeater does the same.

EDIT: This is only on IR commands learned from another remotr. Built-in codes work fine.

So how do you set a 21.0 remote to work with the Hopper? I set the switch under the battery cover to "IR" but it doesn't control any DVR or Hopper functions. Suggestions? Is there something I need to do in the Hopper settings to "enable" a second remote as an IR remote?

I think with the recent updates the Hopper automatically turns on IR but if for some reason IR wont work hit up Settings > Remote Manager > IR and enable it. Of course, Hopper only works with IR address 1, so make sure that is the address that your remote is set to.

I think with the recent updates the Hopper automatically turns on IR but if for some reason IR wont work hit up Settings > Remote Manager > IR and enable it. Of course, Hopper only works with IR address 1, so make sure that is the address that your remote is set to.
You're right. Been so long I forgot about enabling IR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)