Is the BCS Good or Bad for College Football?

But under the current broken BcS system, 12-0 vs. cupcakes in a cupcake league by a team that would go 7-5 in a True Major is, AUTOMATICLY and WITHOUT DEBATE, better than 11-1 against light year's better teams.

No. Return to the previous system, where humans understand that beating Louisville is nice, but not the same as beating Texas.

But under the current broken BcS system, 12-0 vs. cupcakes in a cupcake league by a team that would go 7-5 in a True Major is, AUTOMATICLY and WITHOUT DEBATE, better than 11-1 against light year's better teams.

No. Return to the previous system, where humans understand that beating Louisville is nice, but not the same as beating Texas.
That was proven untrue last year. Hawaii was 12-0 vs cupcakes and didn't make it to the National Championship game. In fact, they were only ranked 10th in the BCS. So there were nine teams ahead of them with 1 or 2 loses. Kansas is another example. They were 11-1 but played a joke schedule. Six 2-loss teams were ranked ahead of Kansas in the BCS.

Wow. You couldn't be further from the truth. The current system DOES keep out the "undeserving" teams. Just reference the Hawaii's and the Boise States of the world.....

HD, what do YOU think of the BCS?

I can imagine how annoyed you'f be if, instead of playing Miami in that epic Fiesta Bowl, they played in separate tie-in bowls and had to share a title.

HD, what do YOU think of the BCS?

I can imagine how annoyed you'f be if, instead of playing Miami in that epic Fiesta Bowl, they played in separate tie-in bowls and had to share a title.

I am accepting of the BCS.

I think Paul summarized this whole thing the best when he said: "It's better than nothing, but not as good as a playoff."

And since CFB has no ambitions to go to a playoff system anytime soon, we all have to try and be accepting of the BCS' way of doing things.

That was proven untrue last year. Hawaii was 12-0 vs cupcakes and didn't make it to the National Championship game. In fact, they were only ranked 10th in the BCS. So there were nine teams ahead of them with 1 or 2 loses. Kansas is another example. They were 11-1 but played a joke schedule. Six 2-loss teams were ranked ahead of Kansas in the BCS.

Umm, Hawaii plays in the WAC, a non-BcS conference. If the WAC were part of the BcS, like fellow mid-major Leastleftovers, it would AUTOMATICALLY have been in the BcS half-of-a-division championship.

Kansas lost the Big 12.

Again, going 12-0 in a BcS, no matter the cupcake nature of the league, excludes human thought.

Syracuse? South Florida? Rutgers? Laughable.

I'll assume in Sam's mind that a 5-7 SEC team is better tha a 12-0 BYU team from the Mountain West.

No in Sam's mind a 5-7 SEC team is better than a 12-0 Connecticut team from the Big East.

Never mind the fact that 5-7 SEC team receive 3 of it's victories over "Powers" like Troy St., Middle Tenn. and La. Tech.

The SEC is annoying, IMO.

They have a pathetically easy schedule, and their top-to-bottom conference (translation- a few powerhouses, some close games and a ton of mediocrity) apparently makes it seems like SEC football is the greatest thing ever.

Good luck finding a kid who dreams of playing for Vanderbilt!

Nice opinon.

Under the broken BcS system, it does not matter. The six conferences are automatically equal, and the other half of the division is nothing. SEC=ACC=Leastleftovers. Automatic and without human imput.

A broken system. Its as if the winner of the Carolina League made the MLB playoffs.

The SEC is annoying, IMO.

They have a pathetically easy schedule, and their top-to-bottom conference (translation- a few powerhouses, some close games and a ton of mediocrity) apparently makes it seems like SEC football is the greatest thing ever.

Good luck finding a kid who dreams of playing for Vanderbilt!

What is your definition of mediocrity?

7-2 in bowl games last year including the national championship?

Five coaches who have won a national championship (and three more who have won BCS games with 0 or 1 loss)?

Six of the 11 biggest stadiums in the nation?

Wow. You couldn't be further from the truth. The current system DOES keep out the "undeserving" teams. Just reference the Hawaii's and the Boise States of the world.....

Well if my team played in the big 10 , I would feel the same way.

Let the big 10 and Pac 10 play in their flower parade every year and let the other conferences, who have welcomed the 21st century, have a playoff.

Well if my team played in the big 10 , I would feel the same way.

Let the big 10 and Pac 10 play in their flower parade every year and let the other conferences, who have welcomed the 21st century, have a playoff.

If you read my next post, you would know that I favor a playoff system over the current. It's just that the BCS is showing no signs of changing their ways any time soon, so rehashing the same plead for playoffs and bashing the BCS every year is getting tiring.

If you read my next post, you would know that I favor a playoff system over the current. It's just that the BCS is showing no signs of changing their ways any time soon, so rehashing the same plead for playoffs and bashing the BCS every year is getting tiring.

Not until 2014, anyhow.

Umm, Hawaii plays in the WAC, a non-BcS conference. If the WAC were part of the BcS, like fellow mid-major Leastleftovers, it would AUTOMATICALLY have been in the BcS half-of-a-division championship.

Kansas lost the Big 12.

Again, going 12-0 in a BcS, no matter the cupcake nature of the league, excludes human thought.

Syracuse? South Florida? Rutgers? Laughable.

A "non-BCS" team can still go to a big time bowl game. They just have to be ranked in the BCS's top 12 at the end of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts