Is the hard drive in my HWS going bad?

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
The receiver has been acting strange the last few days. Freezing for a few seconds and the skip back is hesitating. The freezing happens on live TV as well as skipped back shows. Today it froze and rebooted and took a long time to come back up. When it did I had a hard drive failure warning that told me to do a power cord reset. The hard came back after that. I have bought an external hard drive and backed up my shows just in case it fails completely.

OK I guess it has failed. I have had to do a power plug reset twice and am still getting the hard drive failure error message number 311. It has a reference number 0x521. Should I call or ask DIRT to help me?

Go ahead and call, as it should be a quick replacement... this shouldnt be a time consuming thing. Tell them you have been working with DIRT, and that its already been reset, and verified the code twice or more...311.

yelraek,

I want to get this resolved for you and based on what you have provided, you will need to get this replaced.

Please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN for further assistance.

Thanks.

Definitely a failed drive. My replacement has now started acting up. Honestly if this one dies so close to the last one, I may not be sticking around. If I am going to pay almost $40 a month in hardware fees, I don't want a Hopper failure twice in a less than a year.

yelraek,

I want to get this resolved for you and based on what you have provided, you will need to get this replaced.

Please PM me with the phone and 4 digit PIN for further assistance.

Thanks.

Mike,

Looks like I missed you on line today. I will give you the info you have asked for but I wonder is there is another DIRT member on line now that can help me?

Mike,

Looks like I missed you on line today. I will give you the info you have asked for but I wonder is there is another DIRT member on line now that can help me?
Just call tech support. Besides, nothing will get shipped out today.

This is weird. The hard drive seems to have recovered and is working correctly now. I'm still going to have it replaced because I'm afraid it will happen again. I gave Mike my address in a PM but he has not responded to it and I don't know if it has shipped yet.

OK, I finally got into Dish's web site. The bookmark I had always used still would not work. I had to Google mydish and click on the customer login link. This worked. Something must have changed. Anyway shipments still show no shipments.

Then he has not ordered it yet, or the tag has not been created. I would send hi a follow up message, but make sure he is working. He may be off, not sure what his schedule is. After checking out the signature,...

Signature
Mike H.
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Thursday 6:00 AM-2:30 PM MST

www.mydish.com isn't working for me, but my.dish.com is. If I click on the MyDish logo on the upper corner it even tries to link to mydish.com and fails, their website is really messed up.

Then he has not ordered it yet, or the tag has not been created. I would send hi a follow up message, but make sure he is working. He may be off, not sure what his schedule is. After checking out the signature,...

Signature
Mike H.

Is that Sunday through Thursday?
I sent him a follow up message late last night. Like I said, the hard drive is working right now but not sure how long it will last. I can wait on him for a bit.

Signature
Mike H.

He notified me this morning. The receiver has shipped.

Received the replacement HWS Wednesday. Took a little over an hour to replace it, set it up and activate it. Transferred the settings from the remote OK but it did not carry over the named folders in "My folders". Had to recreate them. So far so good. No issues with freezing or skip back like with the older one. The setup installed the latest software S520.