Is the hr24 a dual tuner receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agepag

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Canada
Just wondering if I would be able to watch one show while recording another at the same time. At the moment I have the h24, but I need another receiver.

yes
The HR20,21,22,23,24 are all dual tuner receivers so you can watch one/record one or record two shows at once

The HR34 is a 5 tuner receiver

Okay thanks. How does the 5 tuner receiver work? I currently have the slimline 5 dish with 1 wire coming into my home, will directv consider the 5 tuner receiver as 5 different tvs and charge me for each one?

Okay thanks. How does the 5 tuner receiver work? I currently have the slimline 5 dish with 1 wire coming into my home, will directv consider the 5 tuner receiver as 5 different tvs and charge me for each one?

No, not unless you have the rvu part of it enabled.

HR34 is used by most people as a 5 tuner DVR at this point. It can serve RVU TV's but there are few of the out there at this point.

Pardon my naivety, but do you need to string 5 lines from the dish to use the HR34?? Or is there another way the signal gets split??

smaug07 said:
Pardon my naivety, but do you need to string 5 lines from the dish to use the HR34?? Or is there another way the signal gets split??

You actually need 7, 5 for the receiver then 2 for the OTA signal...just kidding! It's a SWM only receiver. 1 line from switch or ground block so you don't have a nasty amount of cable hanging around the back of your entertainment center :)

You actually need 7, 5 for the receiver then 2 for the OTA signal...just kidding! It's a SWM only receiver. 1 line from switch or ground block so you don't have a nasty amount of cable hanging around the back of your entertainment center :)
Thanks for the info Hutch, maybe I'll consider upgrading soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)