Is the multi-switch worth keeping?

FIREBIRD81

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 21, 2005
When they installed Voom, they installed a Winegard vm-3400 multiswitch. IS this thing compatible with other DBS's, or is it now garbage?

it will work on other dbs ( providing voom don't want it back to) it will work for sure on the single 18' D* dish for sure not sure what else you could use it for it will not work on the Phase III dish.

t

What does the Winegard vm-3400 multiswitch do. I still have the E* dish placed on the room. When V* was installed, I believe they added this switch and ran the existing cable to the new dish. When I go back, do I leave the switch and just connect cable back to the old (E*) dish. Thanks.

kccody said:
What does the Winegard vm-3400 multiswitch do. I still have the E* dish placed on the room. When V* was installed, I believe they added this switch and ran the existing cable to the new dish. When I go back, do I leave the switch and just connect cable back to the old (E*) dish. Thanks.

No you will take out the switch this switch can not be used on the Dish 500 you need the dp34 switch to hook up mult.

t

Does the dp34 do the samething that the Winegard vm-3400 multiswitch does - but is a compatibility issue? I thought that combines and seperates the OTA line and sat. line. I hope that it wont be difficult to rehook the E* dish back.

On another note, while I don't post much, I do view quite abit. I think its great all the assistance that many of the "veterans" provide, ecspecially TYORK. You guys are one of the reasons I felt comfortable switching to Voom (about 5 weeks ago).

kccody said:
Does the dp34 do the samething that the Winegard vm-3400 multiswitch does - but is a compatibility issue? I thought that combines and seperates the OTA line and sat. line. I hope that it wont be difficult to rehook the E* dish back.

On another note, while I don't post much, I do view quite abit. I think its great all the assistance that many of the "veterans" provide, ecspecially TYORK. You guys are one of the reasons I felt comfortable switching to Voom (about 5 weeks ago).

Thanks kccody,

yes the DP 34 switch combines the 2 or 3 sat together and feed in on one line and vm 3400 switch just combines the satelllite signal and OTA together so you can see on up to 4 tvs.

How many reciever are you hooking back up on E*

t

I have two recievers plus an antenna for OTA HD. Do I use the DP34 for the two stb's and the Winegard vm-3400 for the OTA reception?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts