Is the Plat pack going back to $10 per month?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
In my mail today was a flyer for a 3rd party Dish dealer and they had the Platinum pack listed as a $10 per month add on for "any HD package" - so does that mean the the HD/Platinum pack for $10 days are over, or that they have not updated the flyer to reflect the change?

I enjoy the Plat pack - especially now that Epix and Retro are on there but I am not sure I watch enough to spend an extra $10 per month on it. Would those of us with the HD/Plat pack be grandfathered in or would Dish add a $10 per month fee to our bills?

maybe its just an old ass flyer that a retailer has not updated. i still get flyers from infinity dish with pictures of a 622 and a 625 on them.

Nope on the last retailer chat they also started pushing the $10 platinum add on package again.

Sometimes it seems like its 1 step forward and two steps back with this company.

So does that mean that those of us with it combined with the HD pack will keep the Plat channels?

I know the flyer was not that old because it had Retro and Indie listed as channels on the Platinum package.

That I don't know... I have been hearing a rumor of more pricing changes in June but have not heard what any of those changes might be.

Stay Tuned.

Well, so long as they keep adding things like Epix, Indie, and Retro, at least there is value to it.

Hopefully those of us that got HD+Platinum for $10 total stay grandfathered.

The best solution would be to include HD in the base price, then have Platinum for $10.

Wow 2 price increases in 1 year? 1st equipment then later in June programming increase? Hmmm doesn't the cable companies like cram crappie do this kind of stuff?

Let's say absolute can no longer be grandfathered and we have to change packages that's a price increase to some not all. Either way some customers might see a price increase while some will see a decrease either way it's 2 price increase this year for some.

If they no longer grandfather it in then I am going to drop that package. I do not watch the channels enough to make it worth an extra $10 per month. The money may be better spent on a movie package or to keep what I have since they keep raising the prices so much.

Does Directv charge for such a package or are these channels included in Directv's HD lineup? I noticed someone that just got Directv not have those channels as subscribed even though they had the HD package.

Where did I say there would be another price increase? I don't think I said that.

Well you said "price changes", do you think Dish Network will lower prices? I didn't think so.

I just switched from the Latino HD package to AT250 with HD package. I'm paying around $20.00 more for the new package. I really hope they don't increase prices, if they want to re-structure their pricing fine but I don't want to pay more than what I'm paying now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)