Is the Plat pack going back to $10 per month?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, so long as they keep adding things like Epix, Indie, and Retro, at least there is value to it.

Hopefully those of us that got HD+Platinum for $10 total stay grandfathered.

The best solution would be to include HD in the base price, then have Platinum for $10.

I've been saying this for a while now. It makes sense to have DISH say :"We are the first company to provide FREE HD!" Instead of charging $20.00 for hd + plat pack.

I've been saying this for a while now. It makes sense to have DISH say :"We are the first company to provide FREE HD!" Instead of charging $20.00 for hd + plat pack.
I have never had to pay for HD with Comcast (and a TiVo box), although they just released a new rate sheet and I'm unclear whether they may be adding an HD charge.

When Dish combined HD and Platinum they certainly didn't reduce my rates by $10.00. I have no idea when they reduced the charge to $10.00 for HD plus Platinum but I'm sure I over payed for several months. I finally got it fixed just before the Feb 1 price changes. I never would have known about it if it wasn't for this forum.
If in fact dish splits HD and Platinum I'm betting they will get us for the extra $10.00. If they do it is a price increase. If they don't all well and good we shall have to wait and see....Of course I'm still waiting for Dish to tell me that they will be switching me to EA so I can finally receive all the HD I'm paying for.....

rOSS

Does Directv charge for such a package or are these channels included in Directv's HD lineup? I noticed someone that just got Directv not have those channels as subscribed even though they had the HD package.

Directv has a similar package called the HD Extra Pack which is $4.99/mo. However it only includes

HDNet Movies, MGM HD, Universal HD, Smithsonian HD, Crime & Investigation HD , and PALLADIA HD.

I can see HD no longer having the $10 fee applied but somebody has to do it first. The problem is this ... as long as they are getting HD subscribers willing to pay the $10 fee they will continue to charge the fee. If they dropped the $10 fee then it would entice me to stay when my contract is up. They know that if they drop the fee then so will competition so they see no point in doing so as it would result in no benefit. The thing is, once an HD version is available for all the channels or the majority of them (seems to be the majority already) then what is the point in having the SD version anymore? Would they still be able to get away with charging a premium for something in which applies to all stations?

Nothing is free, they would jack up the basic package rates on EVERYBODY to make up for the fees. Those that pay the fee now would save money while those that don't wouldn't.

IF DISH wants to truly be the low priced leader and decimate Directv in their commercials , the way to do it :

1) No longer charge for hd and advertise it. DISH :"Home of FREE HD with ANY Pack!" This means they could charge for the plat pack ,which means they need to split the hd & plat packs again. I still don't think that the plat pack is worth $10.00 by itself , but if DISH wants to charge that much for it , so be it.

2) Eliminate the excessive fees for additional receivers and simplify them once again. This insane FEE structure will lead to less revenue for both DISH & Echostar ,due to subs dropping the additional receivers on their accounts . This will lead to less receivers sold by Echostar to DISH. Less receivers per account means less extra money for DISH. What sub would keep extra receivers on their account , especially duo dvrs , at 17.00 per additional receiver? Many potential subs who see this price will NOT choose DISH over DIRECTV due to these obscene ,high prices for extra receivers on their account.

No but within the next few weeks... (I hear it went up in testing yesterday)

I figured that it would not be that shortly but soon. LOL Thanks for answering; I will be checking the uplink reports even more now. I saw that someone in the uplink report figured out that another Epix channel would be coming due to one uplinked channel being close to the EPIX1 channel in the 5000s. I thought that made sense as well since we see "EPIX1" on channel 380. I see this as a good thing since D* does not carry it, and in turn, this brings a difference in channel choices between the two.

Hmmm... just a "west" feed or an actual different channel? Aside from local networks I really don't understand the point of separate feeds any more, with the advent of DVRs...
While there is an EPIX west coast feed, the EPIX2 channel does indeed have different programming. In reality, 3 feeds currently exist.

Let's say absolute can no longer be grandfathered and we have to change packages that's a price increase to some not all. Either way some customers might see a price increase while some will see a decrease either way it's 2 price increase this year for some.

THAT IS THE ONE THING THAT WOULD MAKE ME GO TO DIRECT!

When Dish combined HD and Platinum they certainly didn't reduce my rates by $10.00. I have no idea when they reduced the charge to $10.00 for HD plus Platinum but I'm sure I over payed for several months. I finally got it fixed just before the Feb 1 price changes. I never would have known about it if it wasn't for this forum.

This.

I'm still paying for Gold and Platinum. I've heard through the members here that I'm getting ripped off. Gotta love billion dollar corporations ripping their customers off.

I received my DISH bill yesterday. Pay the $150 bill or call the CSR's and drop the $10 HD Platinum package and get a credit on my account for the last 4+ months of me getting ripped off.

So F'ing stupid, what they're doing to me. They don't cancel the HD Platinum or fix my account? "Hey, this guy makes $20k/year.. let's let him continue paying or something that's free. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts