Is the Pub being sponsored by Tesla now?

Tesla showrooms are not legal in Connecticut. Have to go out of state to test drive one.

“We are excited to announce that we are now able to offer leases to Connecticut residents from our Milford location. Visitors can now speak with a Milford Gallery Advisor about electric vehicle technology and experience a demonstration drive if they are considering leasing a Tesla. This is an exciting step toward increasing the number of electric vehicles in Connecticut, and Tesla thanks you for all your support along the way.”

“A Tesla leasing location can offer leases but cannot conduct any activity related to the sale of a motor vehicle. Because it is a manufacturer, Tesla is not eligible to apply for a dealer license under state law, but Tesla is eligible to hold a leasing license, and thus is authorized to offer leases in Connecticut.”

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have no specific information but I have heard that Teslas are being traded-in in our climate (Rochester, NY) due to the battery performance limiting range to under 100 miles in the cold. Any REAL information on this?

Sounds like total BS. Tesla battery warranty is 8 years. 100% cost free replacement of battery capacity drops below 70%.

So no. If it dropped that far, they’d have long since had new batteries put in.

I expect the FUD factories to slow down, now that GM and even Ford have publicly committed to EVs and admit they are the future. A day late and a dollar short, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
I did read a article the other day about a customer getting in the car and a snow flake was showing on the dashboard. Apparently the battery was cold and was limiting the performance. After they drove for awhile the battery warmed up. They recommend changing the car will keep the battery warm. As long as you don’t live in a real cold climate you should be ok .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: spongella
I love my Model 3 and plug it in every night to keep the snow flake off of the battery.

I found that if you have a snow flake just tell the car to navigate to a super charger and it will turn on the battery heater. It took 7 minutes in 32 degree weather to warm that way. But plugging it in every night is better.

1580347311578.png

You only charge to 80or 90%. I charge every night to 90% and thst is around 270 miles. I have used a super charger around 5 times in the 4 months that I had the car. Only once did the navigation system tell me that I had to charge. And that was for only 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-J727T using the SatelliteGuys app!

Btw, it would be AWESOME if Tesla Sponsored the website !!!!!
It would be truly awesome. Unfortunately Tesla doesn’t sponsor anything. Doesn’t do any advertisements or TV commercials either. Spends $0 on advertisement.

Reactions: TheKrell
Too far to drive for a test drive from Tulsa, I think I would have to go to Dallas or KC. I should have done it while I was last in Las Vegas. Maybe this summer when I go out to the condo again.

I’m hoping for good things from Rivian. As little as a I drive anymore, I probably won’t even look at vehicles for a couple of years.

I have no specific information but I have heard that Teslas are being traded-in in our climate (Rochester, NY) due to the battery performance limiting range to under 100 miles in the cold. Any REAL information on this?

You may lose about 30% of range in cold weather. But it would still leave you with more than 200 miles of range in most Tesla’s. So not too bad.
Tesla is one of the most popular brands in Norway. That says something!

Reactions: TheKrell
I am sure they have some marketing budget. They just don’t buy ads.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)