Is the World Cup in 1080p???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't care if you have a super secret CIA XRSTEALTH6000, no equipment, and I mean that can make ESPN anything look as you would say "good". We settle for what we get with ESPN. "Good" compared to what?

The source is the source!

I strongly disagree ....

My ESPN in HD looks pretty damn good .....
But we've been over this before ....

Maybe it's the set that is doing better than others ?

No it's not as good as some channels, but defiantly not as bad as you make it sound.
I have NO Problem watching ESPN sporting events.

Jimbo,

We have to compare apples to apples. Take ESPN Baseball for instance, watch it and yes, it is fine...I guess. The turn on over to YES and watch a Yanks telecast. All of a sudden we see ESPN for what it really is and that is no where near what YES is, again, no where near. You and me and everyone else have learned to "settle". So friends come over and watch ESPN and say "Wow, this is great." Those of us that really watch things close know better.

Jimbo,

We have to compare apples to apples. Take ESPN Baseball for instance, watch it and yes, it is fine...I guess. The turn on over to YES and watch a Yanks telecast. All of a sudden we see ESPN for what it really is and that is no where near what YES is, again, no where near. You and me and everyone else have learned to "settle". So friends come over and watch ESPN and say "Wow, this is great." Those of us that really watch things close know better.

I have no access to YES.

Then again your comparing the top , best , most expensive set up available (YES) to everyone else.
Yes it would be nice if everyone had the same type of set up, but they don't.

I didn't know you haven't seen the pic on YES yet. You sir are in for a treat when you do.
I will actually watch my Phils games on YES this week when I always watch them on the Phils feed because I want the home announcers. The pic on YES is that good.
I do agree that most of the HD on any of the sport stations is pretty darn good and watching on ESPN doesn't bother me, until I realize what it could be. Remember, I am watching most of the big events on a 110 inch screen so I am going to see it for what it is. Even at that size the pic on yes is like looking through a window.

I have no access to YES.

Then again your comparing the top , best , most expensive set up available (YES) to everyone else.

I am suppose to feel bad for ESPN? The leader in sports TV can't afford the best equipment to show the biggest sporting events in the world. No, no excuses. They should be ashamed of themselves!

I have no access to YES.

I find that the HD pic on the low budget MASN is great for what it's worth

I am suppose to feel bad for ESPN? The leader in sports TV can't afford the best equipment to show the biggest sporting events in the world. No, no excuses. They should be ashamed of themselves!

OK .... :rolleyes:

You don't see them asking ME what to do do ya ?

Who has more disposable money ?

Disney or Stienbrenner ?

Disney is into MORE directions, Stienbrenner has more disposable money. (George owns YES, yes ?)

What is ESPN's incentive to upgrade to better stuff ?
They have plenty of audience.

ESPN has to deal with coverage across the country, YES has to deal with coverage locally.

Feel bad for ESPN ???
I didn't ask you to feel bad for them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)