Is there a delay for the BB site access for discs once adding to account?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I've been renting everything off Redbox lately, but there are somethings they have in DVD only. I figured for $10 a month I can get the xtra channels plus blu-rays of disc redbox is missing.

I went on mydish about 10 mins ago, and changed my plan, but when I go to the BB@home from the link at the top in my account page, it doesnt accept my dish user id and password. Is there a delay before it gives you access?

I've been renting everything off Redbox lately, but there are somethings they have in DVD only. I figured for $10 a month I can get the xtra channels plus blu-rays of disc redbox is missing.

I went on mydish about 10 mins ago, and changed my plan, but when I go to the BB@home from the link at the top in my account page, it doesnt accept my dish user id and password. Is there a delay before it gives you access?

Good luck.

I know, for me, I have not been able to login. I have been told that it is likely that I had an old Blockbuster account that uses the same email address as my Dish account and this is keeping me from successfully logging in. What is strange is that Dish can't fix this problem. I was told I had to call Blockbuster.

Thats freaking stupid!!!

I had it thru Dish late last year, you'd figure there would not be a problem adding the service back.

Two different systems. BB@home for Dish subscribers, and a separate BB only account. If you're the latter, contact BB or take a chance talking with someone in a store. If you have one. Email address should not be a problem.

I had it months ago thru mydish, not a BB only account. I cancelled it on mydish when the movies werent coming well and went back to Netflix. I went into mydish tonight and added the $10 version to my account, then clicked the BB@Home link at the top of the page, the version on the BB site that has both BB and Dish logos at the top. It will not let me login using my mydish.com username and password.

Two different systems. BB@home for Dish subscribers, and a separate BB only account. If you're the latter, contact BB or take a chance talking with someone in a store. If you have one. Email address should not be a problem.

Email address is the problem and there is no way online to change the email address at Blockbuster. In my case it is an old Blockbuster @home account. Per Dirt, Dish can't fix this, Blockbuster has to fix it.

Contact DIRT. Goodnight.

Already did and they are the one who told me they couldn't fix the problem. I am a new, old customer and I am unable to access the Blockbuster @home site. According to Dirt, the old and new about must be merged or fixed some way by Blockbuster.

Per Dirt, Dish can't fix this, Blockbuster has to fix it.

This has been my experience as well. But in my case (2 issues), Blockbuster was able to fix it over the phone. Don't know why they can't fix your account login issue...

Mine worked fine this AM. I remember last time I set this up, one of the Dirt team told me system had to update overnight to show xtra discs, so I guess it had to update to show my account being open again.

Called Blockbuster today. Changed email on old Blockbuster account. Had to give them an updated credit card in order to do this.(not happy, and unnecessary)

Tried to login...still can't. When I go to complete registration it says my email address is associated with another account.

Called Blockbuster again. CSR said call Dish. I told her Dish said call Blockbuster. She searched for my email address and didn't find an account. (First good news) told me to wait 48 hours before trying to complete registration and login. (Not happy but will wait)

All this to see if I even want to use the service.

Ok, I understand now. Best of luck on getting this fixed. Persistence pays.

Waiting for things to update fixed nothing. I give up. It is ridiculous in the modern technological age that such a simple thing as a duplicate email can't be fixed.

I changed my Dish account to my wife's email address and...bingo...Blockbuster @home login and registration problem does away. Of course this is just another hassle since I pay the bills. Now she will have to forward to me the Dish bill and other Dish correspondence.

I understand the how and why of this but it is still quite frustrating. Dish needs to integrate Blockbuster and Dish so these kinds of problems can easily be fixed.

Yep. And it would be nice if they would provide such work arounds in the meantime.

I changed my Dish account to my wife's email address and...bingo...Blockbuster @home login and registration problem does away. Of course this is just another hassle since I pay the bills. Now she will have to forward to me the Dish bill and other Dish correspondence.

Well, let her pay the bills! Or change the email address back again. That might get you to where you want to go.

Setup a generic gmail address, and use it. Then set it to forward everything it gets to your normal address. I have like 3 gmail addresses and all of them forward to my main one.

Setup a generic gmail address, and use it. Then set it to forward everything it gets to your normal address. I have like 3 gmail addresses and all of them forward to my main one.

Sorry. Anti-google. :) getting old and simplified things awhile back. One email address is all I need...except for Dish/blockbuster.

I am not even certain I will continue to use Blockbuster @home once the free trial is up. Added some movies to my queue and most had a wait. Add the wait to the hassles I have had...well I hope they don't expect a rave review.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts