Is there a new single-LNBF DirecTV dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
Is there a new single-LNBF DirecTV dish?
The reason I ask is that I visited a house in the Northeast that has a DirecTV antenna that is much more tall than it is wide. It would be best described as a skinny oval. It also had a smoother finish and a rather sloppy DirecTV logo stencil on it.

How might one obtain this antenna? What is it called?

Thanks!

Photo? Maybe it was a DirecTV international dish with a very drastic skew?

Attachments

• dish_36_dtv66e.jpg
    dish_36_dtv66e.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DTVWorldDirectDish.jpg
    DTVWorldDirectDish.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 210
No actually it's more tall than it is wide.
It sorta looks like a miniature version of a conventional Ku-band dish.
It was used to replace the 18" dish at a house I was visiting.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture.
The original dish was the circa 1998 original RCA model so there are more differences in the new antenna than just the pan.
At my house I only have the original one I bought in 1998.
Whenever I try to obtain a DirecTV dish from the dump or a replaced one from someone's house it's always bent in some non-repairable way. On the other hand, I have piles of perfect DiSH 500 antennas.

Maybe it is an aftermarket dish someone bought and stenciled, probably FTA. Why would you want it your description dosen't make it sound attractive.

the 18" dishes we have been getting are taller than they are wide. Also more flimsy and less accurate. Most likely made in china.

There are only 2 single LNB dishes from DTV right now, the standard 18 inch round used for both 101 and 72.5, and the world direct dish for international programming. As for the early ones, i have no idea, sorry.

the 18" dishes we have been getting are taller than they are wide. Also more flimsy and less accurate. Most likely made in china.

Thanks Shmeff! That describes the new dish perfectly.
It is certainly more flimsy.
I might have mentioned already that I had to throw one out because it bent out of shape (it sat on its side in my pickup truck bed and didn't survive the trip).

That looks like the original single-LNB dish to me.

That picture is definitely not the original one.
I have an original one. The LNBF arm is completely different.
The branding is also.
The finish is different, too, and the bolts are higher (not to mention that the old one is much more round than this new one is).

Same ole same ole; Basic 1st gen by a manufacturer not on the "original scene" back in the first 5 or so years 94-99 ish, maybe a "hair" size diff at best; still why did we go through all this? What do you want to do with it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)