Is there a quieter dish remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's the quote I was looking for:

I checked the dishpromise page, and it looks like this affects one of my local channels. So, there may be another free antenna from Dish in my near future. ;)

Come on man, give us all a break.

And what about where you posted that you were going to call and get another free antenna like you did the last time a channel went off? Do you speak spanish and watch Telemundo regularly?
We are talking about Univision, not Telemundo, and you know nothing about my account history. If you did, you would know that I actually used to subscribe to Dish Latino Dos. Furthermore, in 2002, when WQHS (the local station affected by this dispute) first started being carried by Dish, I requested and had installed the second dish for 61.5 that was required at that time to receive that channel, and WQHS was the only Cleveland local that required a second dish at that time. So please do not try to imply that I do not care about this channel or have any stake in this dispute!

We are talking about Univision, not Telemundo, and you know nothing about my account history. If you did, you would know that I actually used to subscribe to Dish Latino Dos. Furthermore, in 2002, when WQHS (the local station affected by this dispute) first started being carried by Dish, I requested and had installed the second dish for 61.5 that was required at that time to receive that channel, and WQHS was the only Cleveland local that required a second dish at that time. So please do not try to imply that I do not care about this channel or have any stake in this dispute!

Univision, Telemundo, it matters not to me and most other non Spanish speaking customers. And from what you posted Dish already gave you a free OTA antenna in a previous dispute so it looks like the only reason you want another one is because it's 'free'. No matter how you try and spin it the end result is clear.

My point is that anybody who jumps on any reason at all to call and try and get something for nothing from Dish or any other company is screwing every single other customer who pays for what they get.

Univision, Telemundo, it matters not to me and most other non Spanish speaking customers. And from what you posted Dish already gave you a free OTA antenna in a previous dispute so it looks like the only reason you want another one is because it's 'free'. No matter how you try and spin it the end result is clear.

My point is that anybody who jumps on any reason at all to call and try and get something for nothing from Dish or any other company is screwing every single other customer who pays for what they get.
You missed my post just two posts down from the one you quoted:

I got the Winegard "mudflap" during the Tribune dispute. I still have it, but no longer use it. It provided better reception of a nearby low-power PBS station, but almost nothing more distant than that.

WQHS is more distant than that, and thus does not come in reliably (or at all) on the Dish-provided antenna. I am hoping for a free rooftop antenna and installation this time around, so I can actually get more reliable reception.

You missed my post just two posts down from the one you quoted:

WQHS is more distant than that, and thus does not come in reliably (or at all) on the Dish-provided antenna. I am hoping for a free rooftop antenna and installation this time around, so I can actually get more reliable reception.

Well I hope they tell you to take a hike. Seriously, there are some customers that a business is better off without.

Reactions: glynnp
Here's how I look at it: if you feel slighted by Dish because of a dispute, ask them what they can do. If they offer something, then OK- it's in their budget. And part of the cost of doing business. If not, then, carry on. All is well.

I don't believe that most people try to get as much free stuff as they can. And it's totally within the right of the company to say NO.

... I don't believe that most people try to get as much free stuff as they can. ...

The problem is the people that do try to get as much free stuff as they can. There's no such thing as 'free', all the regular customers have to pay for it usually in the form of higher fees. Thankfully it's not most people that are free loaders but it's still too many.

I’m not against a freebie here and there. I get disgusted with constant requirements for credits, like one poster on this forum does... I’ll be honest, I am waiting for when Dish tells him no, on all 3 accounts.

I’m not against a freebie here and there. I get disgusted with constant requirements for credits, like one poster on this forum does... I’ll be honest, I am waiting for when Dish tells him no, on all 3 accounts.

IMHO freebies like loyal customer discounts, a replacement remote for a good customer, some free movie channels, etc. are all very cool. It's the (hopefully) few customers who for any little reason or no reason at all call Dish (or any other company) and try and get something for nothing. They're the customers that Dish (and other companies) could live without.

I read recently that Amazon has begun permanently banning customers who abuse their return policy. Good for them!

Reactions: charlesrshell
IMHO freebies like loyal customer discounts, a replacement remote for a good customer, some free movie channels, etc. are all very cool. It's the (hopefully) few customers who for any little reason or no reason at all call Dish (or any other company) and try and get something for nothing. They're the customers that Dish (and other companies) could live without.
Didn't this whole discussion get started about a replacement remote?

Didn't this whole discussion get started about a replacement remote?

Nope, IIRC it was a person who said they were going to cancel their order if Dish didn't give them a bunch of free remotes.

Yeah, in post number 6. The OP was simply asking about a quieter remote than the 52.0, and how to get one.

Yup, that's the one.

And just to add that we often give free extra remotes (and/or other goodies) to close a sale if a customer mentions that they'll probably need them. Now if the customer starts demanding that they get the free remotes or they're going to cancel then we wish them a nice day and say goodbye because we know that's just the beginning of what they'll want for free and we learned a long, long time ago that a customer like that we are better off without.

Reactions: HipKat
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)