Is there a slingbox that will work with Dish Anywhere and 622 receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Navy and I are both in Northern Virginia. (But I don't want to give up my Sling Adapter.) A couple of others on Satelliteguys are around here, but I forget who. Where in VA are you?

Near Harrisonburg. I just purchased one on ebay for 35.00 including shipping, I will receive it on Tuesday! Thanks to everyone here for their help!!!

What a joke. I'm in the same boat. After 15 years with dish I just got off the phone with them and I said I'm going to look in to my options. Why should I pay for the slingbox and free receiver upgrade (with 2 year commitment) when my local cable company will give it to me for free. For 2yrs no commitment all three $84.95. They send me a letter like once a week. Then dish called me back like 3 times with no one on the phone. In fact one of the cable offers they would give me Showtime free for a year. Which I just added for $6.50 a month for six months.

Getting back to your question they offered me the 722k (?) for free (with 2year) and the sling I thing for $45. Call maybe they will give you the same deal.

View attachment 88972

You realize that's not the same thing as a Sling Adapter don't you? They have a limited selection of online content you can watch for a certain period of time. With a Sling Adapter, you can watch anything you subscribe to whenever you want.

I want to know why A slingbox with 622 was dropped from the Dish Anywhere app? It used to work just fine and then one day it no longer worked. Kind of a crap move there should be no technical reason it can't stream from the Slingbox Pro HD.

You can stream you just need the actual sling app which is a better app than dish anywhere.

Sent from my DROIDX

Didn't somebody say to buy the OTA adapter at the same time (when you agree to the upgrade) so they really have no choice but to send the 722K (otherwise what am I going to do with the OTA adapter?!?)

I actually prefer the Slingbox interface over the sling adapter.

Slingbox has a popup remote just like the real one you have with ALL the regular remote functions and you just click the appropriate key on the virtual remote, whereas Sling adapter has a klunky menu at the bottom with only a very few functions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)