Is there a stick USB PC tuner that I can buy to get 4:2:2 and HD signals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
JP

It makes no sense to buy now a sat tuner at full price that can't receive DVB-S2 signals and has obsolete low sensitive demod. You can buy a Twinhan 1020A card (new A version, but no DSS support) for $5 on 2-day EBay auctions (program EBay to notify you about such new postings), but I would consider a sound investment only a DVB-S2 tuner. PC DVB section here has several threads about current best tuner models, and you'd get more advice starting it there.

Update: I ended up buying the DVBWorld from Sadoun and I'm very happy with the results, I am getting weak DVB-S TPs that I was not getting with the Coolsat, not to mention the HD, 4:2:2, S-2 and S-2 8PSK I was missing.
Only thing I haven't figured out is how to do blind scan, cause whenever I try to scan a satellite it only scans the pre-programmed channels already in the sat list

Currently the DVBWorld receivers do not have blind scan (The hardware supports it but the software does not)
DVBWorld said in another thread that they will add it soon. (Maybe if you send him a PM soon will happen quicker ;))

Currently the DVBWorld receivers do not have blind scan (The hardware supports it but the software does not)
DVBWorld said in another thread that they will add it soon. (Maybe if you send him a PM soon will happen quicker ;))

Does the hardware in both the DVBWorld USB and PCI express card models support blind scan? If so, this may be my entry point into DVB-S2.

This is what DVBWorld said in January, then the Sathawk was released and then it was the Chinese New Year,
so I don't think they have been able to get to it yet. (DVBWorld's blind scan will work in Windows)
The new "D" versions and the PCI-E2006 hardware support blind scan. (The tuner and demodulator are from the Montage Company)

in fact, DVBWorld New hardware solution ( pci-e2006pci2004d/usb2104d)all support blindscan, but the software no support the function.
of course, we can add blindscan to our software, but now we are developing CI , when we release the CI model, we will start to add blindscan function,pls attention DVBWorld company,thanks!!

Just to let you know, Pendragon has a blind scan for some of the Prof Tuners. It only works in Linux, and Pendragon has not released it yet, but it works :)
Prof 7301 first time Linux user driver install

Last edited:
John, I'm confused. Will this work with Windows or Linux only? Looks like on the top of the receiver it says Windows though.
It does 4:2:2? I was thinking it did Dvb and S2 4:2:0. Maybe I'm missing something here. How fast of a processor do you have in your computer? I'm a little worried with mine being a 2.3 which is probably really only a 2.1 AMD that it won't be fast enough. The Tv tuner card in it seems to process OTA HD ok though. But thats an internal card not an external box. Thanks Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts