Is there a way I can choose which HD DVR to record to? Can't find anything about this.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CurlyGirlCa

Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Southern California
We recently upgraded from SD to HD and got two HD DVR's (HR24-200) and an additional HD receiver (HD25-500) along with MRV. Is there a way to choose which DVR the shows get recorded to or do I just have to set the recording at the specific DVR?

Thanks - if there's a way I'm sure somebody can tell me.

We recently upgraded from SD to HD and got two HD DVR's (HR24-200) and an additional HD receiver (HD25-500) along with MRV. Is there a way to choose which DVR the shows get recorded to or do I just have to set the recording at the specific DVR?

Thanks - if there's a way I'm sure somebody can tell me.

The way it stands now it works like this:

At either DVR, you can only set recordings on THAT DVR.
At the H25, you can set a recording on EITHER DVR (when you press Record on a program in the guide, it will ask which DVR you want it to record to).
On Demand downloads can only be initiated from a DVR, and will be recorded to THAT DVR.
The playlists from BOTH DVRs will show up at ALL THREE TV's as one combined list.

Hopefully sometime in the future you will be able to set a recording on one DVR from another (as well as have collaborative scheduling when there is more than one DVR on the network), but we're not there yet. MRV is actually still a relatively new feature that is still being worked on and improved.

You can also select which DVR to record to with the directv.com online guide and mobile apps.

I use the ipad app to do this all the time, it's a great remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts