Is there a way to auto-tune, not record, on the r15?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spize

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I have a customer with the new Directv R15 DVR that wants the show to pop up when it is on instead of just recording it... kinda like the d11 does. I don't use the R15 at home so I don't know... anyone?

It's a DVR, it records.

So in other words, no.

You can just record the show and delete it right away, no biggy.

Understood.

What I do on the off chance that will actually watch something live (say a hockey game) I'll still set it to record. Who knows, I may get delayed getting my butt down in front of the set. So I'm covered that way.
But then I simply hit the stop button which stops the recording and I'm "live" again at that point. On the HR20 anyway I'll be presented with an option to Stop and Delete, thus removing the need to go in and delete it later. I'd assume the R15 has the same thing, but it might not.
Thing is, the DVR is always recording whatever channel it's on anyway.

Here's another idea. Say you want to have the weather channel on every morning when you get up at 6am. Set a 5 minute recording on the weather channel every day at 6am, keep only 1. That way there will only be one 5 minute recording on the DVR at all times, thus not taking up space or annoying, and it acts kinda like an autotune.

Just some ideas. It's hard for some people to get into the "DVR mentality" that live TV is a thing of the past. :D

right, just wanted to check if there was a way before I told him there wasn't

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)